Should I file a tax return? I worked a few days in...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

Should I file a tax return? I worked a few days in 2020 and had re-signed from my previous job and have not worked for the whole year and not doing unemployment

I have not had a job since last year 2020 and cannot understand the online form, under income I still have my company that I worked for but don't know if I need to change something or just press continue and no I have not gotten my W-2 form from last years working and have not had a job ever since. Yes I did file a 2019 tax return last year. Yes I still receive the stimulus checks.
4 Replies
Returning Member

Should I file a tax return? I worked a few days in 2020 and had re-signed from my previous job and have not worked for the whole year and not doing unemployment

Another note: I did not quit or get fired, I re-signed from the company.

Employee Tax Expert

If you had no income in 2020, you would not file a tax return. If you are a single person, you would be able to have income up to $12,400 before being required to file.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Returning Member

That's my problem, I did have income in 2020 before re-signing from the job.

Returning Member

so am I meant to get a W-2 for that previous year or can I not get taxes at all

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings