Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

shimeon

It says i filled as self employed. but im not self employed it was supposed to be head of house hold will that affect my taxes

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

It says i filled as self employed. but im not self employed it was supposed to be head of house hold will that affect my taxes

"Self-Employed is not a filing status like "Head of Household".  Self-employed indicates how you earn your income.  If you work for an employer that withholds tax and issues you a W-2, you are an employee.  If you are a contractor, and your income is reported on Form(s) 1099-MISC, you are self-employed.  You can be self employed and file your return with a status of Head of Household. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar
Expert Alumni

"Self-Employed is not a filing status like "Head of Household".  Self-employed indicates how you earn your income.  If you work for an employer that withholds tax and issues you a W-2, you are an employee.  If you are a contractor, and your income is reported on Form(s) 1099-MISC, you are self-employed.  You can be self employed and file your return with a status of Head of Household. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies