Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Seems my couple 1099-MISC are showing up twice; both under business and personal... is that correct or does the program know where to put them accurately?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Seems my couple 1099-MISC are showing up twice; both under business and personal... is that correct or does the program know where to put them accurately?

You didn't read the screen in the Personal Income 1099 section carefully enough .... you were to review the entries already made and  you should not have entered  the 1099s again ... go back to the Personal Income section to delete the extra entries ...  and never enter any income or deduction more than once in the program since that will cause issues. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

You didn't read the screen in the Personal Income 1099 section carefully enough .... you were to review the entries already made and  you should not have entered  the 1099s again ... go back to the Personal Income section to delete the extra entries ...  and never enter any income or deduction more than once in the program since that will cause issues. 

krarchint

I have the same issue.  I entered it in the personal section.  It was a 1099 related to the sale of solar renewable credits.  For some reason it keeps entering it into business as well, therefore counting the income twice ..... HEEELLLP!!

Using Self Employment product.  Same issues with counting the 1099 MISC box 7 income twice, regardless of where I enter it, it asks additional questions and counts it twice-does not give me to option to count it as 'same type of work' from get go.  Garbage product.

Same here, filed my 1099 and it said I needed to resubmit my info, and now that I'm looking at my return its showing exactly double of the amount I submitted.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Do not enter your income (or deductions) more than once from your documents.  After reviewing the entries for both Form 1099-NEC and Form 1099-MISC, there doesn't seem to be a request for entering the information a second time. 

Click here to see how to delete a Form 1099-MISC.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Mine was a 1099g

AmyC
Expert Alumni

There is an investigation 9648 regarding the 1099G doubling. Please allow technical to work through the situation and make a determination.

You will see the income reported on schedule 1 line 7 and carries to the 1040 line 8 and will be taxed as ordinary income.

@TomHanx

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So I won't have to amend anything personally?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies