Seems my couple 1099-MISC are showing up twice; both under business and personal... is that correct or does the program know where to put them accurately?

You didn't read the screen in the Personal Income 1099 section carefully enough .... you were to review the entries already made and  you should not have entered  the 1099s again ... go back to the Personal Income section to delete the extra entries ...  and never enter any income or deduction more than once in the program since that will cause issues. 

krarchint

I have the same issue.  I entered it in the personal section.  It was a 1099 related to the sale of solar renewable credits.  For some reason it keeps entering it into business as well, therefore counting the income twice ..... HEEELLLP!!

Using Self Employment product.  Same issues with counting the 1099 MISC box 7 income twice, regardless of where I enter it, it asks additional questions and counts it twice-does not give me to option to count it as 'same type of work' from get go.  Garbage product.

Same here, filed my 1099 and it said I needed to resubmit my info, and now that I'm looking at my return its showing exactly double of the amount I submitted.

DianeW777

Do not enter your income (or deductions) more than once from your documents.  After reviewing the entries for both Form 1099-NEC and Form 1099-MISC, there doesn't seem to be a request for entering the information a second time. 

Click here to see how to delete a Form 1099-MISC.

Mine was a 1099g

AmyC

There is an investigation 9648 regarding the 1099G doubling. Please allow technical to work through the situation and make a determination.

You will see the income reported on schedule 1 line 7 and carries to the 1040 line 8 and will be taxed as ordinary income.

@TomHanx

So I won't have to amend anything personally?

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing