Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schwab documents not importing even though Schwab emailed saying available

Tried to import Schwab into Turbo Tax, but Turbo Tax through up the screen below.   Not sure why because Schwab emailed me on February 4, 2023 telling me my tax forms were ready.     Note, that at this point I hadn't even signed into Schwab, so this is a generic screen and not a screen based on my account.  Anybody else run into this ? 

FORMIMPORT AVAILABLE
1099-BFebruary 18, 2023
1099-DIVFebruary 18, 2023
1099-INTFebruary 18, 2023
1099-MISCFebruary 18, 2023
1099-OIDFebruary 18, 2023
1099-RFebruary 18, 2023
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Well...perhaps your forms are available to separately download as PDF documents within your normal Schwab account login.

BUT

The tax files that you can import into TurboTax are not those PDF documents....that data has to be specially formatted, and it might take the Schwab computer staff/system longer to prepare them in that proper format for that special tax import process ..thus the 18 Feb notice.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Well...perhaps your forms are available to separately download as PDF documents within your normal Schwab account login.

BUT

The tax files that you can import into TurboTax are not those PDF documents....that data has to be specially formatted, and it might take the Schwab computer staff/system longer to prepare them in that proper format for that special tax import process ..thus the 18 Feb notice.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I was thinking the same thing after I posted this.   The forms are there if I want to enter the information manually, but will have to wait if I want to download into Turbo Tax.

The import function never happens until mid to late February and you should NEVER import or enter anything until you the forms are marked FINAL. 

Thanks Critter.   It won't let me import now, so I don't have a choice  🙂.   First time ever doing taxes so early, but will have to wait until Feb 18.

it's not yet 2/18. if that date is real you'll have to wait.  don't try importing on weekends. many times a FI servers are done for maintenance over the weekends. 

Sadly, it isn't a real date. The data is available and can be downloaded simply by advancing the system clock.

I did the import from Schwab today. Turbo Tax message replied, "Success! We got your tax data. You can now return to Turbo Tax."

However, when your return to Turbo Tax, you find that nothing has changed even though it is stated that they got the data!

BrandiLO1
Intuit Alumni

@KEVIN6180 have you tried the steps here? If so and you're still experiencing issues, please click here to contact customer care.

Thank you so much! It was the Brave Browser that didn't work for the transfer. I went to the Edge Browser and all documents came across. So happy and thanks again!!!

Same thing just happened to me (3/20/2023)

@KEVIN6180 , I just read your comment about Brave browser.  I redid the process making sure I turned off "Shields are up" at all points of the process (twice) and the import worked successfully. I reported the issue to the Brave developers

Yikes...the Brave Browser strikes again.

You're going to have to remember that for any import tax documents in the future.  Hard to know if they'll change it significantly enough to allow the things you need to come thru. The Brave browser is supposed to protect you from bad actors...but unfortunately, it may occasionally block some stuff you really want/need.

Same issue again this year.  I just downloaded by forms for this year from Schwab - Tax deferred accounts were available a few weeks ago and the Brokerage account shows a date of 2/9/24 but just made available today 2/14 yet TurboTax shows those won't be available to import until 2/16/24

If you do want the data today, advance the date on your device to 2/17. The download will be allowed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies