Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

flick53

School District Tax Rejection

Why does my school district tax form  get rejected  when all the information is correctly filled out. Turbo Tax shows a help me fix it tab and it does nothing. i am reading online of many, many people having the same problem and getting no answers from turbo tax. Very Frustrating!!!!!!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question?  What State, City Local

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Mine did the same thing  turbo tax will not fix it  dod i need to mail it in  i have no updates for the state of ohio  the state was accepted but school was rejected

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We have seen successful transmissions when making the following corrections:

The state information shown in boxes 14 through 16 of Form 1099-R need to all have a value in them if there are any state taxes withheld. If your Form 1099-R does not show a state ID number, enter the Federal ID number. If your Form 1099-R does not show a state distribution (box 16), enter the distribution amount shown in box 1. Do not enter zero for the distribution amount if state taxes were withheld. Also, if there were no state taxes withheld, do not enter a zero in that box. Instead leave it blank without even a zero.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies