turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a reject 8960 hold and when prompt to revisit turbo tax says to just refile?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
sean6

I received a reject 8960 hold and when prompt to revisit turbo tax says to just refile?

I had the same thing just happen to me. When click int Turbotax from the rejection email I received, I am presented with a "we will help fix this" and a "revisit" option. Clicking revisit forced me into a loop that keeps bringing me back to the "Revisit" page, without offering any fixes. Just re-submitting without a fix to my return seems like the wrong next step. Please help.

same here
myaction

same thing....no suggestions or knowledge of any kind by intuit.  Clearly many people have this same issue.

Your tax return is on hold pending a product update expected to be released by March 28th. Please check again for updates..
It will be fixed tomorrow

What should I do ? Just refile again and get rejected again ? That’s ridiculous.  TurboTax should be responsible for that

I got the exact same thing. Glad to know it's not just me.
tckreuzer

When will we know when the updates are done? Will we get an email or where do we look?
senhogan

Still waiting for the product update!

My efile was accepted
sean6

Thanks sergiobaron1956. Though, I agree with tckreuzer that an official response from TurboTax letting us know it is safe to try again would help considerably. I don't want to try again willy nilly and create an issue with my efiling for now reason.
sean6

lopezkar

It's making me pay for re-file again.... Why should I pay for Turbo Tax product issue?
lopezkar

Disregard prior comment --- I was able to refile and it DID NOT charge me for the refile.  Both Federal and State were electronically filed again.... Let's see if they are accepted this time.

In my case they were both accepted
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies