I had RSU vested in 2017, taxed at Bonus rate, reported in Box 1 but also shown in Box12 and using V code , is it correct? If it is not right, how can I file the tax return?
TurboTax will incorporate that information into the reporting of your RSU's. Follow the steps below for basic entry information:To report the sale of RSU's
- Log into your return
- Click on Federal
- Click on Wages & Income
- Scroll to Investment Income
- Click on Show More if necessary
- Click on the button beside Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other
- Answer the next several screens.
- On the page "Tell us about your ___ 1099-B", enter the information exactly as it appears on the 1099-B
- Then click on Guide me with step-by-step.
- You will need to indicate you have sales of RSU's on the next two screens.
You will see "What You'll Need to Enter Your Restricted Stock Sale". (See the screenshot below) You can click on "See an example" for a sample transaction. This screen shows you the information you need to enter your sale.