Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Robinhood & Schedule C

Hello, 

I've seen this posted a couple of times on the community but I cannot solution it. 

I'm doing an e-file on turbotax (deluxe with the stock options). I have linked my Robinhood account and successfully imported my 1099- DIV, 1099-INT. But I am unable to import my 1099-MISC (most likely because it's less than a dollar). 

However, when I get ready to file I receive an error asking me to double click to link my schedule C. However, double clicking does not provide any links or additional information. 

I've seen that this error mainly occurs with gig workers but all I had was stock sells. I figure if I can't get this to work I"m going to get a refund and try my luck at H&R block.

Any advice? 

Thanks,

Josh G

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Robinhood & Schedule C

Hi Josh,

It may be faster to enter your information by hand, instead of linking to another online account, or using another software. IMHO, every year Turbo Tax has bigger and bigger bugs and security holes, but I continue using it, because the overall quality is great, and I am familiar with Turbo Tax. For example, in the last of couple of years, the desktop versions of Turbo Tax were signed with an expired certificate. After I complained many times, this year the desktop app is signed with a fresh certificate, thank you so much Intuit Inc., but the TurboTax Updater executable, which makes changes to a user's PC is UNSIGNED and appears as an app from an Unknown Publisher. These are some of the glaringly obvious bugs. It will be interesting to learn from your experience with the quality and speed of transition to another app, should you decide to take that route.

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Robinhood & Schedule C

Does your tax return contain an incomplete 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC or self-employment activity?

Perhaps the TurboTax software wants to link the 1099-MISC that you talked about to a self-employment activity?  If so, you may be able to remove the 1099-MISC by using the Delete a form tool.

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Tax Tools.
  • Click on Tools.
  • Click on Delete a form.
  • Find the form listed and click Delete to the right.

@JGerloff93 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies