turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

an333201

RITA forms filled but not sent

I have had problems for a few years with my RITA local income tax form.  I have filled out out inside of TurboTax and thought that it was filed.  I just received a notification that my last two years were not received by RITA.  Is the TurboTax form not submitted automatically?  Thanks.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

TT cannot e-file an Ohio City or RITA return. It must be printed and mailed. The Ohio filing instructions should have told you to mail it

I actually find it easier to fill out a city return by hand or at the city, CCA or RITA web site, than to use TT. Things don't happen automatically and you need to know what you’re doing. The actual  RITA/city forms are easier to follow than the TT interview.

http://www.ritaohio.com/

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

TT cannot e-file an Ohio City or RITA return. It must be printed and mailed. The Ohio filing instructions should have told you to mail it

I actually find it easier to fill out a city return by hand or at the city, CCA or RITA web site, than to use TT. Things don't happen automatically and you need to know what you’re doing. The actual  RITA/city forms are easier to follow than the TT interview.

http://www.ritaohio.com/

an333201

I do not recall seeing the warning but I could have missed it.  It takes a while for them to catch up so I thought it was sent in automatically this year but I then received a letter stating otherwise.  Thank you for taking the time to answer my question!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies