Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

khbaer

I cannot obtain a tax transcript from the IRS - i am getting all kinds of error messages regarding my address etc

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I cannot obtain a tax transcript from the IRS - i am getting all kinds of error messages regarding my address etc

8 Replies

Is it a foreign address?
khbaer

right you are - it is a foreign address
khbaer

I have filed form 4506t with the IRS nearly seven weeks ago. I have not heard from them. I have a foreign address. When I call their support line the automated system hangs up after failing to validate my address, although I have entered it exactly as it shows on my return.

khbaer

Thanx - most helpful information indeed

Mopsey
Returning Member

Many thanks to Sweetie Jean and I have filled in the request to mail in, but the IRS site clearly states it is not accepting mail ins and I cannot fill in the online request because of my Canadian address.  Can TurboTax request it on my behalf, please?

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

TurboTax cannot request a transcript on your behalf as we are not a tax preparation firm, but a software company for self-preparation. 

It may be possible, with a signed Form 2848 - Power of Attorney for a local or remote full-service tax professional that your area to do this for you. 

@Mopsey

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies