Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Reporting ZNGA TTWO merger 1099-B RSU and ESPP

I worked in ZNGA many years ago during which time I received both RSU and ESPPs (stocks were acquired in 2017-2018). The ZNGA stocks got converted to TTWO last year during a merger; and I see a 1099-B in my Etrade account. I am kind of lost on how to report all these "gains". I see 7 entries for RSU sales and one ESPP sale and one cash sale. Only one of the RSU sales have an adjusted cost basis, while all others are blank. What should I do here for the cost basis? Can someone also suggest what other things I might need to pay attention to here? Thank you.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

You'll have to go back to your records from 2017 and 2018 to figure out what you actually paid for the stocks you received.  That is your basis.  

During the merger the number of shares you owned probably changed.  But what you paid for them didn't.  You need to know how many shares you own post-merger as well as what you paid for them.  

Then you'll figure out what you paid per share.  Then you'll figure out how many shares were sold on the 1099-B you received and enter in what you paid per share for that many shares and that is it.  

Save all of these records for if there are any questions and when you sell the remaining shares.

@murlax 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

You'll have to go back to your records from 2017 and 2018 to figure out what you actually paid for the stocks you received.  That is your basis.  

During the merger the number of shares you owned probably changed.  But what you paid for them didn't.  You need to know how many shares you own post-merger as well as what you paid for them.  

Then you'll figure out what you paid per share.  Then you'll figure out how many shares were sold on the 1099-B you received and enter in what you paid per share for that many shares and that is it.  

Save all of these records for if there are any questions and when you sell the remaining shares.

@murlax 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies