Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

Rental Properties and Royalties

My bank did not issue my 2018 Form 1098 for the house that I'm renting.  In order to present my taxes on time the accountant that helped me did an estimation based on my 2017.

I got the 1098, and the amount it is way off.

Is there a way to correct that 2018 number on my 2019 Taxes or does it needs to be a separate document?


In any of the cases, I have no idea how to do it.  I appreciate some help

1 Reply
Expert Alumni

Rental Properties and Royalties

To change the amount claimed on your 2018 return you would have to amend your 2018 return.


Keep in mind: You have 3 years from the date you filed your 2018 return (or 2 years after you paid the tax due, whichever is later) to file an amended return.



**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings