turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

agruber9

Reject reason: F2441-022 - If filing status of the return is Married filing separately and Form 2441 is present in the return, then 'EligibilityRequirementMetInd'

any update?
CheriS
Intuit Alumni

Reject reason: F2441-022 - If filing status of the return is Married filing separately and Form 2441 is present in the return, then 'EligibilityRequirementMetInd'

[Edit: Date correction] @agruber9  I inquired about this. You can wait to e-file on 3/17 or print and mail your return.
jkrackle

having this same issue using the desktop version, any idea what the problem is and when it will be fixed?

Having the same issue, it said wait until 3/17 for me.  

What if you don't have time to wait until 3/17 to file? I'm on an income driven student loan repayment plan and I need my taxes filed ASAP to reapply for that before my deadline and I shouldn't have to mail my returns since I paid to use TurboTax and e-file. I want this resolved NOW!

Still an issue as of 2/22.

Agreed, what is the reason for this 3/17 date???

See my comment below to the recommended answer, this appears to be an issue on the IRS side related to their auto-processing software for e-filed returns:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ZIurjNAOqcQJ:https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-schem...>
(line 126)

So, aside from a patch, and a possible wait date, has anyone found the right way to be able to file your taxes with this issue?  It seems that some people delete the form and file anyway and it works, and it seems that some people don't change anything, refile and it works, and its still unclear as to what we can do to get past this.

The IRS e-file system is falsely rejecting certain returns with this code.  A fix is scheduled for March 17.  I would not try and delete the form or change anything because, if you end up filing an incorrect return just to get it through the system, you’ll have bigger problems down the road.  

Still no luck here...I'm in the same boat as @drumdude96 with the Income Driven Repayment Plan...

what a joke NEVER USING TURBOTAX AGAIN. Help desk is useless  

Has anyone used Visor? I was going to use this year they have to be better than this very poor software
anon-js

Has anyone tried today or should we wait until tomorrow?
gjrjones

I just tried e-filing and got the same error this morning! Using TurboTax MAC desktop and still receive the message to try e-filing on March 17th... Will this be resolved today??
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies