turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

dayna1127

Reject reason: F2441-022 - If filing status of the return is Married filing separately and Form 2441 is present in the return, then 'EligibilityRequirementMetInd'

I refiled mine this morning and it was accepted.  I didn't change anything or delete my 2441 form.  
CheriS
Intuit Alumni

Reject reason: F2441-022 - If filing status of the return is Married filing separately and Form 2441 is present in the return, then 'EligibilityRequirementMetInd'

@xavier86 I will reach out to you via e-mail. Thank you!

Unlike at least one person above, I am still having the exact same problem as initially described at the outset of this question (except that my FSA is for $2.5K - the limit for MFS). My return keeps getting rejected. Any help, please? I don't want to have to go to an accountant after spending money and time on TT, but I need to get this return filed soon. Thanks!
CheriS
Intuit Alumni

@jrnixonlaw Hello, this will be resolved shortly. Thank you
mamavapor

Refiled I did not make any changes. Return was accepted. However, when downloading my paperwork I noticed Form 2441 was gone.

@mamavapor Do you have a dollar amount in box 10 of your W-2?
wellsjss

Is anybody still having this issue? I filed a few days ago and mine was rejected for this same reason. I called turbo tax and spoke with someone and we couldn’t really figure it out. The message did say there was an issue that would be resolved on March 17th and to check back on or after that date. I’m just trying to understand what the issue is. I’ve filed the same way for many years and have never had this happen before. This is my first year using the turbo tax software.

@wellsjss I am still having this issue, and I am also getting the same message that it will be resolved March 17th. This is very frustrating as it is not clear what the real issue is.

Has there been away to fix this issue? I have filed my this way for several years as well and never had a problem. I am extremely frustrated and would like to have this taken care of soon. I have walked through my return a few time and can not get it fixed. Guidance would be greatly appreciated.
wellsjss

I just tried calling the IRS to see if they could help me. I was transferred by the operator to the area that helps with the rejection codes and a recording picked up and said- due to high call volume we are unable to take your call today and then it hung up on me.

I'm still having this issue and getting the message about March 17th. After hours on the phone with TurboTax last night the agent's guess was that it may be related to me using the Mac version of the software, and that the PC version has already been patched. Is anyone else using the Mac version?
wellsjss

I'm using the PC version so if there is a patch it isn't working for me. I just talked to a Turbo Tax rep and she did make me feel more confident that the issue will be resolved on 3/17. She said she has not seen this exact issue before but that she has had others with rejections that give a date to wait for the issue to be resolved and re-file and they have went through successfully after that date.

I am not using a MAC version. But getting this same message. I am going to be really annoyed if I have to pay an accountant to look this over for me after I have already paid for turbo tax! SUPER ANNOYED! 20 days ago this was resolved but seems like everyone is still having issues!

Thanks @wellsjss . The agent last night had information that something related to Form 2441 was patched on 2/17/19 so that was where her guess came from, but given that you're using the PC version I guess this must be something separate. I appreciate the feedback from the agent you spoke with -- hopefully we'll see some additional guidance on this soon.
wellsjss

I think the people above were given a date of January 31st to re-file. It is really frustrating! I'm not sure why the fix didn't stick but for whatever reason it seems to be happening again now. If any of the people above who were given the date of 1/31 to re-file see this, can you comment and let us know if you were able to successfully file on that date and did you have to make any corrections?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies