Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Reject Code IND-031-04

@FredMundt if you have lost your pin, you can try to recover it using the IRS Pin Retrieval took here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Fishertina34
Returning Member

Reject Code IND-031-04

What do I need to do to clear this up?

Reject Code IND-031-04

Thank you.  Yes, I finally used an AGI of 0, since my dad had passed in 2019, and that worked to file the 2020 return for my Mom.

Appreciate

Reject Code IND-031-04

All cleared up last year!  I was able to file by using AGI of $0

Reject Code IND-031-04

@FrustratedJanet What do you mean that zero worked fine to e-file a 2020 return?   Did you use the current online program for a 2020 return?   If you did, that was a big mistake.  Online can  only be used to prepare and file a 2021 tax return---no other tax year.   If the return you just e-filed is accepted post back for more help---because that return is all wrong if it was for 2020.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Reject Code IND-031-04

Have no clue what you are talking about.

I have no idea why this subject is surfacing again.  I thanked the community last year and was able to file the 2020 return in question in 2021.

I did not use online.... I was using a purchased program.  All resolved last year!

Thanks for trying!

Reject Code IND-031-04

@FrustratedJanet Okay----then I am not sure why you posted here today about using zero to e-file a 2020 return.   This is a long thread that has posts from multiple users and it gets pretty confusing.  Glad you were able to file your 2020 return correctly.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Reject Code IND-031-04

I used $0 as my 2019 AGI so it would let me file 2020 electronically!

Reject Code IND-031-04

@FrustratedJanet   You mean when you filed 2020 a year ago?  You can only efile 2021 this year in 2022.

Reject Code IND-031-04

YES!  Please STOP this message stream!!!

Reject Code IND-031-04

Rejected 3 times for same reason AGI   WHY??

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Reject Code IND-031-04

You have commented in a thread that is old and may have outdated information.  

For Rejected returns with this code, please see the Help Article here to assist you with correcting and resubmitting your return.

@high63pockets  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Michcar2

Reject Code IND-031-04

From all of us who have had the frustrating experience of being rejected by the e-filing procedure, the answer given to us that the IRS has some internal glitch preventing this from going through is simply a CYA answer. TT markets its product as being able to file electronically saving the filers much time and cost of mailing the return. At this point the only advantage of using TT is to put together a neatly compiled return for our reference and make it easier for the IRS to follow. I've been using TT for many years and just last year tried to file electronically with a rejection, so I chalked it up to some problem on my part and mailed it in. Tried it again this year, but this time three times, only to b rejected again, so I will be mailing in my returns again.

Reject Code IND-031-04

@Michcar2  Did you try entering 0 for the AGI?  That has been working for most people.  The IRS took a long time last year to process returns especially mailed returns so the AGI didn't get updated in time.  That might have worked for your 2020 return too.

Michcar2

Reject Code IND-031-04

Why ask for an AGI number if they can't check it out--for at least two years! Others have been having the same problem--for over two years! Can you understand what I'm saying? TT, tell us that efiling works for simple tax filings, not more complicated ones, and we`ll "understand!"

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies