Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

duke167
Returning Member

Refundable Child Tax Credit - Schedule 8812 incorrect

Received an letter from IRS CP11

I see few people raised the question so I have an idea what caused the issue. 

I don't remember if I received the letter 6419, so I follow the web instructure to login ID.me to check the amount I received, it show: 

Total Amount you received for 2021 Payment (Box 1): $1,000

Number of Qualifying Children for 2021 Payments (Box 2): 2

However, the CP11 stated that my account due is $1,500, how come it's even higher than I child credit I received? Is it because that $1,000 is only for me? If I filed jontly then I should have received $2,000?

Thanks.

Dk

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Yes check your spouse's IRS account.  You each got half of the Advance Child Tax Credit.  And check your bank statements July-Dec.

If you filed a joint return then each of you should have received letter 6419 because the IRS sent letters to each parent, putting half the total amount on each of your letters.   You were supposed to enter the total amount the two of you received between July and December.  If you are not sure how much you received then check your bank records for deposits of $300 per month for each child who was under the age of 6, or $250 per month for each child age 6 to 17.   Or check your online IRS accounts for EACH of you to see what the IRS shows they sent to you.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies