Refund my payment

Refund my payment

I already paid for turbo tax to file my taxes but didn’t realize I could have it taken out of my return, am I able to get the $80 that I paid back and have it taken out of my return?

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Refund my payment

Once your e-filed return is in pending or accepted status, it's too late to change your payment method. The below TurboTax FAQs explains the Refund Processing Service:

What is Refund Processing Service?

Can I pay with my refund?

Refund my payment

No, and it's a good thing for you.  Paying from your refund means the following things:

1. Extra $40 service fee

2. Turbotax takes the payment from your bank account anyway if your refund is delayed by the IRS

3 The IRS does not know your real bank account, only the temporary bank account used for refund processing, so if the IRS needs to make an extra payment to you (such as a stimulus payment), they don't know where to send it and have to mail a check instead of making a direct deposit.  

Refund transfer is never a good idea, and if you think Congress and President Biden might give a round 3 stimulus payment, you especially want to avoid refund transfer this season.