Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Recovery Rebate Credit

I got this paper in the mail and it says the IRS saw a mistake on my taxes and that I am entitled to a refund. However, it has been past the 4-6 weeks of when they said they would refund me. Who do I contact/talk to about this?

3 Replies
Level 15

Recovery Rebate Credit

You would have to contact the IRS directly for this issue.



Level 15

Recovery Rebate Credit

@Sechen12 - did you check your transcript to see if the payment was releasted?


that might answer your question without contacting the IRS. 


if there was a mistake, and even if the IRS said it would be 4-6 weeks until the refund was issued, it could still be longer.  the IRS is woefully backlogged. 



Level 15
Level 15

Recovery Rebate Credit

Did the tax return that you filed show a refund? If so, what option did you choose to receive the refund? The IRS would probably send the additional refund the same way. Did you choose to get your refund as a check in the mail, or by direct deposit, or to have it deposited into a Credit Karma Money™ Spend account? Did you choose the option to have your TurboTax fees taken out of your refund?


Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings