bossonbabe-gmail

Receiving error 5639 when Turbotax initiates and tries to check for updates. Do I have to re-install?

Followed by 5640 and then 5639 again
SForrestLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

This Turbo Tax FAQ will provide a solution to the error 5639. Error 5639

This Turbo Tax FAQ will provide a solution to the error 5640. Error 5640

sjensenphd

This has not resolved my error codes.  Can we use an online version of Turbo Tax to finish our taxes?  

CarissaM
Employee TurboTax Specialist

You can switch to an online version. It would require you to pay for the Turbo Tax Online. 

If you need a refund for the CD/download product, please click here to speak with customer service. Please specify product refund to be connected to the correct department. 

gh108

For me, I resolved the 5639 error by upgrading my Windows 10 from version 1909 (build 18363) to version 20H2 (build 19042). The clue was the Windows function "Check for updates" also doesn't work. The Windows OS upgrade was slow but worth it 🙂