Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NicRoth

I use turbotax for business. If I efile the state does turbotax automatically attach a copy of my federal return that I send to the state? Do I have to mail another copy?

I efiled both Federal and State returns. A copy of my Federal return is supposed to be attached to the State (New York and New Jersey returns). Does Turbo Tax automatically attach the Federal copy or do I also need to mail in the entire State and Federal Return to NY and NJ, respectively?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelMc

I use turbotax for business. If I efile the state does turbotax automatically attach a copy of my federal return that I send to the state? Do I have to mail another copy?

You have done everything you need to do!

When you e-file a state return through TurboTax, all of your relevant federal information is shared with the state(s) that you filed. You do not need to print, sign, or mail anything, unless you receive a subsequent request for something specific from the state taxing authority.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MichaelMc

You have done everything you need to do!

When you e-file a state return through TurboTax, all of your relevant federal information is shared with the state(s) that you filed. You do not need to print, sign, or mail anything, unless you receive a subsequent request for something specific from the state taxing authority.

Tried multiple times to efile my New Jersey CBT-100 and it is rejected I believe because the Federal Form 1120 is not being attached to the New Jersey Form CBT-100.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

When you e-file, you are given instructions on what documents need to be mailed in. If you weren't instructed to mail a copy of your federal return, then there is no need to send one in.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The New Jersey CBT-100 must be filed electronically (e-file only).  It is not clear that the required federal return is being attached to the CBT-100 and the NJ return will not e-file.  I will need technical assistance to clear whatever is blocking the e-file of my NJ return.  Turbotax for business is stuck in a loop that asks me to respond to questions but I cannot satisfy the program with multiple efforts.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support. Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact Customer Support: What is the TurboTax phone number?

@Richard Anderson

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

how to attach a .pdf for electronic filing for New Jersey Corporation Tax Return CBT-100.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies