turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will Turbotax Home & Business for 2019 work on my Windows 7 computer?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

TurboTax has not yet released the computer requirements for the 2019 CD/download products.  Microsoft support of Windows 7 ends after Jan. 14, 2020 so it's possible TurboTax will not guarantee that the 2019 product will work with Windows 7. We won't know for sure until closer to the release date.

New FAQ released: TurboTax for tax year 2019 will install on Windows 7.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/windows-7-end-of-support-impact-for-turbotax/01/85...

MJJVH

On 11/29/19, the initial release (both my CD and one of my free downloads- used #1 out of 5 included downloads to confirm) of Turbo Tax does NOT work on my Windows 7 computer. I had to use download #2 (out of 5 included) on a Windows 10 computer in which Turbo Tax 2019 worked. Just beware.... If you have Windows 7, all of us Windows 7 users might have to wait until folks at Turbo Tax fix this or you will have to install it on a Windows 10 computer. I installed and uninstalled and reinstalled the software about four times on my Windows 7 computer to make sure it wasn't me. I also did "Repair" mode on Windows 7 and that did NOT fix the installation of Turbo Tax either.

lrblood08

Will Turbo Tax Deluxe for 2019 work with Windows 7?

RachelW33
Expert Alumni

All of TurboTax Online Products will work with Windows 7 or above.  However, TurboTax Download/Desktop products are not compatible with Windows 7.  You must have Windows 8 or above for 2019 TurboTax Download/Desktop Software.

For a comparison of all of the TurboTax Online and Desktop options, please click here: Choose the TurboTax Product that best fits YOU!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@RachelW33 wrote:

All of TurboTax Online Products will work with Windows 7 or above.  However, TurboTax Download/Desktop products are not compatible with Windows 7.  You must have Windows 8 or above for 2019 TurboTax Download/Desktop Software.

For a comparison of all of the TurboTax Online and Desktop options, please click here: Choose the TurboTax Product that best fits YOU!

You may want to modify your answer.  See this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/what-if-i-don-t-want-to-upgrade-from-windows-7/01/...

While our minimum system requirements are Windows 8 and above, you'll still be able to install and use TurboTax 2019 for Windows with Windows 7 or newer. We strongly recommend using TurboTax 2019 with Windows 8 and above.

xjmo
Level 2

TurboTax Online doesn't offer Turbotax Business version. So it doesn't help such users.

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes, you are correct, TurboTax Business for tax year 2019 isn't available online, you can purchase it as a CD/Download here:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

There are 2 different programs that have Business in the name.

Turbo Tax Business is only available as a Desktop program and only for Windows.

Turbo Tax Home & Business is a Personal Desktop program that has extra help for schedule C self employment and can be installed on both Windows and Mac.  The equivalent Online version is called the Self Employed version.

These answers are very confusing.  Will the CD version of TurboTax home and business work on Windows 7?  I do not want to install it and have it not work.  Someone please clarify.  Getting too many differeing responses.

KathleenDag

YES ... the 2019 downloaded/cd program WILL work ... they are allowing it  HOWEVER the 2020 program next year will definitely NOT so plan to upgrade sometime this year.

TurboTax Desktop products DO WORK with Windows 7.  You get an annoying end of support window every time you start the software (how do you suppress this warning?), but it does work. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies