turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

luis986

Will I be reciveing the stimulus package through TurboTax and how do I sign up to get it

How can I file for my stimulus package
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Will I be reciveing the stimulus package through TurboTax and how do I sign up to get it

You are not receiving the stimulus money from TurboTax, it is coming from the IRS.  You need at least to have filed a 2019 return or a 2018 return.  If you are not required to file a return, you can file a simple return with the TurboTax Portal Registration.

If you have not filed a 2019 return, or do not need to file a return, the TurboTax link below, is for anyone who has not filed a 2019 return or if you are not required to file a return,  if you want to qualify for the stimulus money TurboTax just recently setup where you can file a simple return for the stimulus money. See the following, scroll down to  What do I need to do to get my stimulus payment?, then  If you don’t need to file your taxes this year

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

---------------------------------------------

If you already filed a return & it has been accepted, you cannot add direct deposit information.   The IRS is going to give taxpayers the chance to enter their own banking information.  If you are on Social Security or Disability, you do not have to do anything to get your stimulus money, it will go directly to your bank account.

See the following:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

-----------------------------------

View solution in original post

16 Replies

You are not receiving the stimulus money from TurboTax, it is coming from the IRS.  You need at least to have filed a 2019 return or a 2018 return.  If you are not required to file a return, you can file a simple return with the TurboTax Portal Registration.

If you have not filed a 2019 return, or do not need to file a return, the TurboTax link below, is for anyone who has not filed a 2019 return or if you are not required to file a return,  if you want to qualify for the stimulus money TurboTax just recently setup where you can file a simple return for the stimulus money. See the following, scroll down to  What do I need to do to get my stimulus payment?, then  If you don’t need to file your taxes this year

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

---------------------------------------------

If you already filed a return & it has been accepted, you cannot add direct deposit information.   The IRS is going to give taxpayers the chance to enter their own banking information.  If you are on Social Security or Disability, you do not have to do anything to get your stimulus money, it will go directly to your bank account.

See the following:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

-----------------------------------

I have filed my 2019 tax return and I've already received it so what do I need to do to get my stimulus check. I got my return on one of turbo tax prepaid cards

Which is a green dot banking.

@user70949644 wrote:

I have filed my 2019 tax return and I've already received it so what do I need to do to get my stimulus check. I got my return on one of turbo tax prepaid cards

Which is a green dot banking.

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card.

So there's nothing left to do but wait?

@user70949644 wrote:

So there's nothing left to do but wait?

Correct, you will have to wait.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

Hey so I filed mines also through Turbo like always and got my fed refund through turbo card. But I just went to the irs website and used the get payment tab to see if I was set like they keep saying if you file it’s nothing to do they got your information well I been using turbo for years and irs website told me they didn’t have no account information on file so I input my regular bank information and agi and refund amount and they told me I was approved for payment and it will be sent to my regular bank account so I know for myself and a turbo filer that my information was not in irs regarding my turbo account direct deposit so go to Irs website so you don’t have to keep waiting for your money 

If you were sent a turbo tax prepaid debit card when you filed your return, the stimulus payment will be sent to that card. 100%. I received my payment this morning

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

The IRS is preparing Websites to update information and check your filing status. 

Please read what it says on the right hand side where it says “Filers: Get Your Payment”

Get Your Payment Status

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Im waiting to i know alot got theres today and i talked to a turbotax lady and she said that if i didn't get mine today then tommarow bc i used turbocard and i still have money from taxes on it so its active

dndegert

IRS website doesnt seem to have that function up and running......"get my payment"

@dndegert wrote:

IRS website doesnt seem to have that function up and running......"get my payment"

You mean this one - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

Still nothing i have had direct deposit 2017 2018 2019 all on turbotax and this is getting to be bull crap to track payment on irs is crap dosent tell me anything try again later 

deb59

You can find information regarding stimulus payments on the IRS website.    I believe it is your best option, as I've read that people are paying unnecessary fees seeking same information and using various other sites:     

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments

I hope I've been able to assist you in finding what you need.

Deb59

From Washington State  

It's been telling me Information that I enter directly from my return dont match theirs, try again in 24 hours...For 72 hours now. Turbotax Get it together..Youse taking a major hit next Tax season from alot of loyal customers 

JuniTheUki
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies