turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why was my stimulus package registration via direct deposit rejected and now so have to mail it in?

Thank you for the information, we are looking into this issue and will get back to you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Why was my stimulus package registration via direct deposit rejected and now so have to mail it in?

These links may help explain and guide you through the process.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/ link to stimulus registration (SR).  It is very important that you uses this link that says register now if you don't need to file taxes this year.  Otherwise, you will not be able to E-file a zero return.

Did you select that link that said register now if you don't need to file taxes this year.  Many people miss this.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

23 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

You will need to file for your Stimulus Registration by following this link:  Stimulus Check Registration.   You can fill out the Stimulus Registration if you’re not required to file taxes and don’t receive Social Security benefits.

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Our team looked into this matter, please retry electronically filing your stimulus registration later today.  This issue should be fixed.  

Please make sure that you are using this link for your Stimulus Registration.  Here is where you can find where to file your Stimulus Registration on this link:

Has the rejection issue been resolved? Also do we need to create a new account and start over? If we resubmit wont it be flagged for social security number already used?

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

You can try it again.  If you received a reject, nothing was actually sent to the IRS.

Thankyou. If I have a new address but Im opting for direct deposit should I use the new address or or will that cause a reject? Should I be using the one irs has on file?

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

I would use the address the IRS has on file and then you can also change your address with the IRS.  

How to change your address with the IRS.

hello, I was reading up on this and have a question. I filed today for the stimulus thing, but I am normally not required to file a return, so i followed the steps provided and that i could find on the forum, however i still got a rejected email/status and it wants me to print and mail the form. is this still an issue, or is it something im actually going to have to print and mail?

Ptm0216

How am I supposed to refile? It doesnt give me an option

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Lucian  If you could not E-file I do suggest that you mail the return so that it can get in.

PTM  I'm not sure what you need to refile. 

Did you try to do the zero tax return?  If it did not transmit, you should mail it.

Did you file an actual return that you have to change?  Then you should file an amended return.

Why are we getting so many different answers. We were told there was a known issue and to resubmit. However no information on how to actually do that. I was told by one rep to create another account to retry the stimulus registration as the issue should be resolved today. Another said just retry. We can't get information on how to do that other than follow the registration link. Now I have 2 accounts with rejected stimulus registration and ur saying file amended return....

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

These links may help explain and guide you through the process.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/ link to stimulus registration (SR).  It is very important that you uses this link that says register now if you don't need to file taxes this year.  Otherwise, you will not be able to E-file a zero return.

Did you select that link that said register now if you don't need to file taxes this year.  Many people miss this.

Is this issue resolved why do we have to print it out and mail it in isn’t that why we chose e file and direct deposit. All my information was correct I chose Register now for stimulus package put my birth date correct and social all correct is this issue resolved? 

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

If you previously filed a 2019 tax return it will be rejected.  The IRS will only allow one E-filed tax return per SSN.  This is for security purposes.  If you already filed, you will have to mail it.

Still rejecting my application as of 12pm Friday

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies