turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Violla70
Returning Member

Why was my 2019 taxes where rejected

I filed and it just kept rejecting with no explanation
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

2019?  That you filed last year?  Or did you just file it now in 2021?  Online is only good for 2020 tax returns.  If you tried to file 2019 it is a good thing it is rejecting.  If you did 2019 last year you need to print and mail it now.

Violla70
Returning Member

I filed last year and it would go through and few mins later say reject so I'm trying to fix it before I file this year. I even talk to one of the tax people for help and they said do something and I did but still ended up getting rejected do I just let it go

Well like I said you have to print and mail it now.  And when you file 2020 just enter 0 for the 2019 AGI since it wasn't filed on time.

Violla70
Returning Member

Ok thanks alot

I filed my 2019 taxes and my taxes were rejected.  I need to know what the mistake was and re-file.  Please give me instruction step-by-step of what I need to do.  Thank you

I don't think that I am getting my question answered.  I knew to know why my taxes were rejected.  Each one on this post, I am sure are asking about their own personal taxes.  How it this helping to post when you are not answering induvial question.  This is quite frustrating, I will think twice before I use TurboTax this year.

@ppatton718 wrote:

I filed my 2019 taxes and my taxes were rejected.  I need to know what the mistake was and re-file.  Please give me instruction step-by-step of what I need to do.  Thank you

You would have received an email from TurboTax with the rejection reason and the rejection reason code from the IRS.

Most IRS rejections are for an incorrect AGI.  The 2019 tax return can no longer be e-filed so the 2018 AGI is not needed.

To access your prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

A 2019 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

Print, sign, date and mail the tax return to the IRS.  Include with the mailed return any forms W-2 and 1099 which have taxes withheld.  Go to this IRS website for mailing addresses - https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

There are no penalties for filing a tax return after the due date if filing for a tax refund or there are no taxes owed.

@ppatton718 wrote:

I don't think that I am getting my question answered.  I knew to know why my taxes were rejected.  Each one on this post, I am sure are asking about their own personal taxes.  How it this helping to post when you are not answering induvial question.  This is quite frustrating, I will think twice before I use TurboTax this year.

Only e-files can reject.   The only way to know the reason is to locate the reject e-mail you received when  you filed.  The most common reason is that the 2018 AGI did not match the IRS records but that is ONLY needed for e-file.

At this point, the reason for the reject does not matter since 2019 returns can only be printed and mailed now and mailed returns cannot reject.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies