Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is turbo tax wanting me to call them and mention the phrase info sharing?

It ask If I am preparing this for a child.my answer was No and then that popped up to call and mention the phrase info sharing.
I tried calling and it says am I calling about my fed.or state?when I say no there's no other questions
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Lat2500

I am an adult (at least 18 old) preparing this return for a child. Yes or no? No I am not preparing this return for a child. 

RachelW33
Expert Alumni

The message "To continue, call us at (888)777-3036 and mention the phrase "info sharing" pops up if the date of birth you input in the Personal Info section indicates that the Taxpayer is under 18 AND you answered "No" to part one of question 3, "I am an adult (at least 18 years old) preparing this return for a child".

@gummybear8200 If you are over the age of 18 and preparing your own Tax Return, please double check your year of birth in the Personal Info section.

@Lat2500  If you are over the age of 18 and preparing this return for a child, you need to answer YES to the question "I am an adult (at least 18 years old) preparing this return for a child".

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The reason why there are so many questions about this topic is because TurboTax fails to make a distinction between the parent and the child.  If TT would specify if the question is directed to the parent/preparer rather than the child, there would be much less confusion.

clacoldef

Check to see if you entered your date of birth correctly. I was confused because I was filing taxes for myself and was wondering why it was asking me if I was doing it for a child, then I found that I entered the year I was born incorrectly.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies