Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is the 1040-ES voucher printing with a DO NOT FILE overlay on it? I live in California and the address is Cincinnati Ohio. Should mine not go to San Francisco?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

Why is the 1040-ES voucher printing with a DO NOT FILE overlay on it? I live in California and the address is Cincinnati Ohio. Should mine not go to San Francisco?

This year your 1040-ES will go to the address in Cincinnati, Ohio.  Here is the complete 1040-ES address list from the IRS.

IRS - Where to Mail 1040-ES

rhodgkin01
Returning Member

Will the software update to not have the DO NOT FILE watermarks removed from the 2021 Estimated Tax vouchers? I see that the1040-ES Form for 2021was released by the IRS on 2/2/21.

@rhodgkin01 wrote:

Will the software update to not have the DO NOT FILE watermarks removed from the 2021 Estimated Tax vouchers? I see that the1040-ES Form for 2021was released by the IRS on 2/2/21.

The estimated tax Form 1040-ES is scheduled to be finalized on 02/18/2021

Go to this website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

rhodgkin01
Returning Member

Thank you for the quick response. Are you saying that Turbo Tax will update the software so the DO NOT FILE watermark is removed sometime after 2/18/21?

@rhodgkin01 wrote:

Thank you for the quick response. Are you saying that Turbo Tax will update the software so the DO NOT FILE watermark is removed sometime after 2/18/21?

Yes, that is correct.  Once the form has been finalized the watermark will be removed.

If you are using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download edition you will have to update your software for the change to take effect.

rhodgkin01
Returning Member

Great. Thanks again.

rhodgkin01
Returning Member

Re-ran TurboTax this morning (18th) and the 1040-ES vouchers no longer have the DO NOT FILE watermark just as stated.

Good work - thanks!

xyzxyz

Hello -- I filed via the TurboTax Online and the vouchers are still showing the "Do Not File" watermark as of today (2/19) -- is there something specific I should do to get the finalized vouchers?

rhodgkin01
Returning Member

xyzxyz - When you opened TurboTax yesterday did it ask you to download updates? Mine did, and I went ahead and allowed the updates. Then I went to the "FILE" tab, and went to the "File a Return" section and went through the process screen by screen all the way to printing a copy for your files. I opened a .pdf to review and the "DO NOT FILE" watermark was not there anymore.

Disclaimer: I have no insight as to whether this is the process to update the file, but it seemed to work for me, and logical that you would have to re-run from some point to get the updates to take effect.

Good luck!

xyzxyz

Hello,

I filed online, not with the software.  So unfortunately I can't do any updates.  Not sure how to resolve given that issue.  Next year maybe I'll switch to the software!  The online version is not updating anything and I can't find any option to do so.

Go back into TurboTax on a browser, not the app and click the button for add a state.

It will not add a state but it will let you back into the TurboTax program
Go back through the program and check that the 1040-ES are correct

Then go to Tax Tools, Print Center and print the vouchers again.

If there is still a watermark on them, then clear browsing data from the Chrome browser

Here are the steps to do that:

Use the Chrome browser
Click the three dots in the upper right corner
Select Settings

Privacy and Security

Clear browser data for all time

Insert clear browser pic

Then sign in to TurboTax on the Chrome browser
Go to Tax Tools, Print Center and print your vouchers.

The IRS provides Form 1040-ES for you to calculate and pay estimated taxes for the current year. While the 1040 relates to the previous year, the estimated tax form calculates taxes for the current year. You use Form 1040-ES to pay income tax, self-employment tax and any other tax you may be liable for.

xyzxyz

Thank you -- that worked!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies