turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Riklaunim
Returning Member

Why is "Mail me a check" the only valid option to allow me to sign my return?

I get to File my return, and I selected e-file.

When I get to the screen where it asks, "How do you want your $$ federal refund?"

I checked the box for Direct Deposit, then I click the "Continue" button.

The screen automatically refreshes to the same screen, and the only option that will allow me to go to the next screen ("Sign Your 2020 Return"), upon clicking "Continue" is "Mail me a check." 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

you should contact support since we can't see your return. the issue is confusing.  no signature is required for an e-filed return but you must provide your prior year's adjusted gross income. direct deposit is allowed unless you specified a foreign account and it doesn't matter whether you e-file or mail it.  

Riklaunim
Returning Member

When one EFiles a return, the person signs that return are required to sign it, with a pin, dob, and today's date.

Issue is not confusing at all.

When the programs asks how do I want to receive my Refund, when I select I want a check.  Then the program asks that I "sign" my return so it can be submitted.

However when I say I want the refund directly deposited, the program does not give me the option to sign but rather keeps asking how do I want the refund.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for sharing this information.  It is our desire to find a resolution for you and others that might be having a similar experience in the program.
To assist us in this process, please review your entries regarding your refund options.  Some errors are caused by accidental entries.  If that doesn't work, try to clear cache, cookies and run updates. However, if this does not resolve your issue, please note the exact message and where you are encountering that message in the program.  We will work with you towards a resolution to file your return accurately.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies