Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is it taking so long to make the K-1 1065 2023 form to be available? My software says "available soon." It's already mid February 2024. What is the delay?

I was a 20 year turbo tax user until today.  It is beyond ridiculous that this form is still not supported.  I just filed with one of TurboTax's competitors and submitted a refund request for my desktop software purchase.

Why is it taking so long to make the K-1 1065 2023 form to be available? My software says "available soon." It's already mid February 2024. What is the delay?

I'm not sure what the delay is for the K-1 1065 forms, but based on reading the comments, I don't think I'm alone in considering switching to a different tax software next year. I've used TurboTax for years, but this is ridiculous. Last week I read the forms would be ready by 2/14, now it says 2/21. Am I going to log in next week just to find another delay? And I still haven't seen any explanation as to why there is a delay. 

By the same token if you wait to file you are giving the scammers all that extra time to file in your place.  There is solid information available that indicates filing early is better.  It is not about when people should or should not file.  It is about a software that is purchased because it says it is the version that you need to file your taxes and then the very form that you need that drove you to this version, is not available even though it has been available elsewhere for quite some time.  I too will be looking elsewhere to file next year.

I've just gone through this hassle and let me save you the trouble - DO NOT USE TURBOTAX IF YOU HAVE EVER SUBMITTED A K-1, EVEN IF IT'S NOT THIS YEAR!  Here's a summary:

1. TurboTax has not finalized its version of the Schedule K-1 form with the IRS. I don't know whether this affects other tax preparers or just TurboTax, but it seems like it's just Intuit.
  2. The fist time I checked, they said the K-1 would be finalized on Feb. 14, but now it's been pushed back another two weeks. I don't trust any date estimations at this point, and I don't have time to continue waiting and hoping.
  3. I don't even have a K-1 to submit this year - TurboTax created the K-1 worksheet automatically for me, apparently based on my return from two years ago - the only time I did have one.  You can't even access the K-1 section AT ALL until the form is finalized, EVEN TO REMOVE OR DELETE one.  So because TurboTax automatically created it for me, I'm screwed until they get it worked out with the IRS.
  4. Here's the best part - I had already paid for TurboTax before I received any kind of message about not being able to file yet.  I contacted TurboTax customer support about getting a refund now that 2+ weeks have passed and it'll be AT LEAST another two weeks before I can file, and they recommended I go through the "request a refund" steps, like others here have mentioned.  However, TurboTax DENIED my refund request because their satisfaction guarantee only applies to the desktop version, not the online version of TurboTax.

In summary, TurboTax gladly took my $128 to file online (which they push you to do), but they can't process returns with a K-1 for at least a month after the filing window opens, and they create K-1 forms automatically based on prior years and there's literally no way to correct this until the form is finalized, and Intuit will not refund your money for any reason if you use the online version, even if it's impossible for them to actually file your return.

I have already filed H&R Block after going through all this (perfectly easy and successfully). I will not be using TurboTax ever again.

• have one.  You can't even access the K-1 section AT ALL until the form is finalized, EVEN TO REMOVE OR DELETE one

It sounds like you filed elsewhere, so it’s moot, but you are able to delete forms from the Tools menu. I was in the same situation and that’s how I was finally able to file.

Still not available. When will it be available

I wish I would've known that! I screenshared with customer support and they couldn't tell me about that. 

The date did change in the last 7 days. Not hard to use way back machine internet history to see. I've been a turbo tax user for over 15 years. Having over $8K in refunds continually delayed due to "legislative updates" that haven't occurred is ludicrous. The IRS isn't issuing guidance that they said they would. Plenty of people have filed. Why would the service issue guidance now that may requiring those who have filed to amend? Yes, I am an enrolled agent, and work in tax. 

Very embarrassing for Intuit and TurboTax.  This is not a new tax form and there aren't any new concepts for partnership returns.  Yet 45 days into the new year they still can't get their act together.  Seriously, what is the problem?

The real stress for us is that our partnership and personal returns are intertwined.  We will not finalize decisions on things like 179 deductions until we know how our personal returns look.  Because of TurboTax's poor scheduling and/or terrible execution, this will leave people like us about three weeks to pull everything together to make the March 15 partnership return deadline.

We used to use TaxCut / H&R, but when we started using TT Business we mistakenly thought TT Personal would make things easier.  Will have to look at Nerd Wallet or else going to spend the $49 and go back to TaxCut to get things done NOW.

I was looking at H&R Block this year - it's cheaper, but I was concerned about using unfamiliar software.  However, after the trouble with the software last year and now this problem this year, I will be switching next year.  I would switch this year if I hadn't already bought the software from Amazon, as it's nonrefundable. Intuit used to be such a great company but they've deteriorated so much.  I had to move away from QuickBooks after multiple problems and now TurboTax is out as well.  You can't charge a premium price for a subpar service.

Setimo

I waited until today for them to get it together, I am going to go elsewhere to file.  There are many other online tax services with similar or cheaper price points.  I've been using TT for 8 years straight and now it's time to move on, unfortunately.

JAXCRouvi

Today is Feb 16th ... nothing yet.... still unavailable !...any updates ??????... 

This is ridiculous. I will NOT be buying TurboTax anymore.  Why sell a product that people can't use.  I am being told that their online Turbotax has the availability to add the K-1 but not the desktop and they won't give me the online one unless I pay full price.   POOR customer service.

Since when can you add the K-1 online? It still states 02/21

I just checked again,  you still can't add it online.  Better be available on 2/21 as they state.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies