turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

daja_vu

Why is it taking so long to make the K-1 1065 2023 form to be available? My software says "available soon." It's already mid February 2024. What is the delay?

I already have all my info to file including K-1s. Just waiting for 1065 update. Is there a way around this delay?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

318 Replies

Why is it taking so long to make the K-1 1065 2023 form to be available? My software says "available soon." It's already mid February 2024. What is the delay?

The Schedule K-1 for a Form 1065 or a Form 1120S are scheduled to be available on 02/15/2024.

2/14/2024

02/14 is a Wednesday but TurboTax updates software on Thursdays so 02/15 will probably be the actual date.

Hello,

I just checked this today and its now saying 2/21.....why are they adding another week onto this?  Seriously considering NOT using TT this year.  Why is this taking so long??  See below,  and link: https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

ATT.png

Do you know why this is taking so long and why they keep moving it? I'm looking at another tax service. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

The fact that TurboTax has not updated K-1 1065 2023 at this late date is unacceptable. Especially since the IRS released the revision months ago and other tax services have updated forms. I've used TT for over a decade and I've seen a decline in services in the last 2 yrs. I don't plan to use it for 2024.

This is impacting the 1040 filing as well. Highly frustrating. 

bznc
Level 2

same situation, TT has been saying available 2/14 and it isn't.  So not only is TT behind, they are adding to everyone's frustration by being incompetent.   If you say a date, make it happen or update in advance.  Tell me they didn't know yesterday it wouldn't be ready today.    

I couldn't wait any longer went to Nerdwallet and used their tool using Column was pretty easy. Took about 5min since I had everything ready.  

Ive been waiting for weeks to be able to file today bc I cannot enter my K-1s. Now that the available to file date is 02/21/24, I miss out on the TT Refund Advance that ends tomorrow. This is beyond frustrating and no instead of getting $4k today, and another $5k in 3 weeks, I have to wait 4+ weeks to get my $9k.

This is the 2nd year in a row that this K-1 issue has occurred, and the response from TT has been the same.  Repeating this mistake with a customer base will lead to flight to other products.

So nerdwallet does all the same stuff and has the form ready? I am so sick of waiting for TT.

So this is a TT delay? I figured it was the IRS that was late getting the form done. If it's just TT, I will definitely be switching.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

The Refund Advance offer is available until February 29, 2024, or the date until available funds have been exhausted, whichever comes first. @mandylorian5 

According to the Forms Availability Table, Schedule K-1 will be ready for input on February 21, 2024. Although this is an estimate, the date has not changed in the last week. We recommend that you wait until the next day to update TurboTax (if using the desktop version) then retry the K-1 entries.

@jessazimmerman

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies