Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is it taking so long to make the K-1 1065 2023 form to be available? My software says "available soon." It's already mid February 2024. What is the delay?

I just spent time on the phone with one of the customer service representatives, and he logged onto my computer and said that they are sorry, but there’s nothing to do because they have an old K-1 on file for me even though I have not used it in years and that it is all “locked up” and I cannot delete it. They explained it was a federal issue, but I said “no the fact that TurboTax has an old K-1 that I have never carried forward and that I cannot just delete is a TurboTax problem”. They refunded my money and I’m going to get a discount if I decide to re-file with TurboTax, when this is finally resolved. I’m still not happy. Not only should I’ve gotten a refund, but it should be free for me to re-file if this is finally fixed if they don’t want to lose my business. I’ve been using TurboTax for at least 10 years. Unacceptable 

Why is it taking so long to make the K-1 1065 2023 form to be available? My software says "available soon." It's already mid February 2024. What is the delay?

I just spent time on the phone with one of the customer service representatives, and he logged onto my computer and said that they are sorry, but there’s nothing to do because they have an old K-1 on file for me even though I have not used it in years and that it is all “locked up” and I cannot delete it. They explained it was a federal issue, but I said “no the fact that TurboTax has an old K-1 that I have never carried forward and that I cannot just delete is a TurboTax problem”. They refunded my money and I’m going to get a discount if I decide to re-file with TurboTax, when this is finally resolved. I’m still not happy. Not only should I’ve gotten a refund, but it should be free for me to re-file if this is finally fixed if they don’t want to lose my business. I’ve been using TurboTax for at least 10 years. Unacceptable @@TurboTax 

Agree!

"... they have an old K-1 on file for me even though I have not used it in years..."

How long do they think is appropriate for storing your personal data?

Mine data is stored on my desktop. I select and allow the up load of a past return into my current year.

Online? Not for me.

I've been considering switching to Tax Act since I use it for 1120S.  This may give me the incentive to do that.  I would suggest Intuit use some of the money they spend on the Super Bowl to get their product done!

This is now the second year in a row that Turbotax has determined when I will file my taxes.  Here it is February 18, 2024 and the K-1 1065 schedule is still not ready, similar to last year but later.  Customer Support  doesn't even know that it is not ready yet and offer ridiculous solutions to make it work.  I have used Turbotax for more years than I can remember, but recently the software has gone down in quality.  I will consider different software next year.

kps64

What's the delay for the 1065 form to be active on TurboTax?  It is Feb 18th.  What's the new timeframe for the updates?  I've never experienced this in over 20 years with TT.

@kps64 The Schedule K-1 for Form 1065 and Form 1120S for tax year 2023 are scheduled to be available on 02/22/2024.

Were you able to file with 2023 K1 partnership forms?

I wholeheartedly agree! It is beyond frustrating as the TT business allowed me to create the K-1 and file my business taxes, but went to do my personal taxes and the form isn't updated! I've used TT for 20+ years and this is the first year I am considering switching to another tax preparation. There is ZERO reason for the TT Business Software to be able to create the K-1, but the personal side can't load the information for personal taxes to be filed.

And then to push the date back a week, but not promise that it will actually be ready...I guess TT wants to lose loyal customers. 

If it will not be ready before 2/22 then why the product was sold? It will be better if TT can refund the amount and I can go with some other product.  Thanks!

no still waiting...probably will have call tt customer service and get refund. Thinking to go with some other tax software

To: tagteam

Seriously, that’s your answer.  Not the commercial use, I get that. 
But, it gives the IRS less time to review your return. Just stop. That’s the lamest reply ever. What irritates me is the other software programs are updated. I have been using Turbo Tax for two decades, and will probably switch next year. 

This posted to the wrong user. Sorry

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies