Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is form 8995A still unavailable?

@hsbrown68 wrote:

I have been told it is available.  I have done an update to my program, and says all is up to date, yet still getting the error that form 8995 is not approved and will not let me file.

The Form 8995 is estimated to be available on 01/28/2021

The Form 8995-A is estimated to be available on 02/18/2021

Go to this website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

squarkman

If this form 8995 wont be available electronically on TurboTax until March , how come on the TurboTax home page it says...Must File By 2/15??? What does Must File By 2/15?
I won't be able to file until March and will then miss the deadline.

@squarkman wrote:

If this form 8995 wont be available electronically on TurboTax until March , how come on the TurboTax home page it says...Must File By 2/15??? What does Must File By 2/15?
I won't be able to file until March and will then miss the deadline.

If you are filing a personal tax return, Form 1040, there is NO requirement to file by 02/15/2021. 

The IRS is not even starting to accept 2020 federal tax returns until 02/12/2021.

The 2020 federal tax return does not have to be filed until 04/15/2021 and even then only if you have taxes owed so that you do not get hit with a failure to pay penalty.

The Form 8995-A is estimated to be available on 02/18//2021

Go to this website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

JudyH

IRS posted form 8995 today, but the software "update" on Turbo Tax keeps sending it back as if it is a draft.  If you check IRS has not released the 8995 instructions either.

caliguy

Same story this year!

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

The fact that the forms are available on the IRS website has nothing to do with any tax software program.  The forms are available if you are going to download to complete on your own.  However, e-filing is different.  Once the form is finalized by the IRS, it has to be coded into the special language the software uses and has to be thoroughly tested for calculations and e-filing acceptability.  IRS then has to approve it for e-file.  It always takes a little longer for a form to become available for e-file in a software program.  I hope this helps you understand the situation.  At this point, the IRS expects to approve the form 8995A on TurboTax e-file as  02/018/2021.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
hsbrown68
Returning Member

I show the IRS released the form today, but I'm still not having it update on my turbotax so I can file. 

Form 8995, Qualified Business Income Deduction Simplified Computation
01/29/2021
01/29/2021
conberry
Returning Member

Same exact issue.  I tried to file yesterday, it said the form would be available today. I went online to file today. Same instruction.

I tried to "chat" with a very unhelpful person who didn't seem to know English very well.  They had no answers for me.  So frustrated!

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

The current IRS Forms Availability Schedule shows Form 8995-A available on 2/18/21.

Click this link for more info on Form Availability

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
hsbrown68
Returning Member

I see that.  I'm more concerned with form 8995  NOT 8995-A, which 8995 is (per IRS) available today, yet I update and my filing cannot happen because it says "coming soon"  

You do realize that this is a 2020 thread and that the form was released early in the year.

TurboTax needs 2 months to make sure the form is right, so any dates they have provided are likely wrong.

Again that is not necessarily the date it will be released in TurboTax. Last year it was a thing as evidenced by this thread.

TurboTax does not work that way. The IRS releases and TT must evaluate, test and confirm their product. If the IRS released on time, then perhaps the dates given by TT are accurate, perhaps not.

8995 and 8995A are personal tax related and those returns are not due till April so the IRS thinks they have plenty of time. That wont sit well with you because you want to file and get your refund.

caliguy

The E-file availability has been updated to 2/4/21. Yay.

Federal Individual Forms Availability (intuit.com)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies