turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is form 8995A still unavailable?

What do you mean "quite some time"? The original release date for this form was supposed to be 2/12/2020 and then it got pushed out to 2/20/2020. That's only 8 days ago

@jesses408 wrote:

What do you mean "quite some time"? The original release date for this form was supposed to be 2/12/2020 and then it got pushed out to 2/20/2020. That's only 8 days ago

It was pushed back to 2/20/2020 prior to 2/12/2020 and that date has not changed since then.

jgdemeritt
Returning Member

It looks like this is a problem for many tax software products out there.  Hopefully the form is released tomorrow as planned.  It took Fidelity until just now to get my dividend composition correctly reported, so I'm glad I didn't jump the gun and paper file it.  

The 8995-A form is now available.

No it is not! Just checked at 2330 EST. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

They may be rolling out the update gradually -- I just got an update, but there wasn't one available 1-2 hours ago.

Perhaps the form is being made available only gradually. After waiting for weeks, I logged in last night and was finally able to file. (I didn’t receive any alert from TurboTax — I just happened to log in to check.) Hopefully others will soon be able to do the same. 

No update forms yet for me as of 6AM eastern time 2/20/2020.

7:44am CDT and I'm FINALLY able to file my return! F U Turbotax and Intuit until next year!

cknight2
Returning Member

As of 9:10am EST on 2/20/20 I still can not file!  I know it has to do with the UBIA of qualified property because I took it out and everything worked fine and when I enter it back in it will not let me file.  Any idea why?

@cknight2 Try updating again - the form has been released.

Form 8995A is now available!!!  My taxes are ready to go!  

I have been using TurboTax for almost 20 years and this is the first time a form has delayed my filing.

Thank you TurboTax.

I just updated my Turbotax Premier for Mac today, 2/20 and the update installed...yet I still get the error that "Sch K-1 Wks-Partnerships (BUSINESS NAME, LLC):  Activity name has entries for deductions such as section 179, depletion, section 59(e)(2) and other expenses that may be individually limited.  For purposes of the qualified business income deduction those expenses are not yet supported.  This will be enabled in a subsequent release."  The supposed answer to this question was the availability of the 8995 and 8995a, but yet the problem persists!

Has anyone been able to get this fork yet ?? I've been waiting to file for two weeks

Just got it and it works!!! At first, form wasn't there when I opened TT this morning I there was no notification email. So, I hit the "check for updates" option under "online" pull-down menu. Sure enough the update was available. Not sure why TT didn't automatically check for the update like it usually does. 

Whatever. I installed the update and taxes (with form 8995A) now appear to be good to go. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies