Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is form 8839 not available?

What did you do to get the refund? I submitted a form and after review they denied me a refund. The said it was because the date given was just an estimate. I have already filed with Taxact. I paid over $150 when the form was supposed to be available this month! Never using TurboTax again! 

I requested a refund, waited 2 weeks and was denied. I'm out 78.00. I am so frustrated with TT

I agree, the least they can do is refund our money 

sixelasen

Sooo..... Turbo Tax is essentially financially paralizing adoptive families this tax season.  Cool.

Has anyone thought about a class action lawsuit?

There is already a class action lawsuit against turbotax. I believe it was for charging customers which should had been free. 

Also, i filed with tax act so Feb 17th after doing buisness with them for 9 years. I hated to leave but a tax preparer should be ready at filing season

Has anyone that ended using a different filing method(tax act, h&r, etc) received their refund yet? 
When I talked to someone at Turbo Tax, the lady told me the irs would accept returns but not process anyone with the 8839 form until 3/3. 

Mine has been accepted, but I have not received a refund yet 

Filed with tax act.  Refund approved and scheduled for deposit 3/2.

I waited to see what was going to happen with the form. The form is now ‘available.’ Just filed our return. 

_27
Level 1

Yes, I filed my return with TaxAct on 02/20/2022 and it was accepted on 02/21/2022. I receive my State refund on 03/01/2022. Still waiting on my Federal taxes though.

I guess this is great news guys, I just received a message from Turbo Tax informing me my taxes were filed today 03/02. All this time over one form.  My fellow tax filers check to see if you are able to finally file your returns. 

I'm thinking TurboTax finally received the adoption form because I just checked and my return was filed today 03/02. The status says "pending". Good luck to you all.

My returns were submitted today 03/02/2022 through TurboTax, they said I will be notified if and when they are accepted. Great talking with all of you. Check to see if your returns have been submitted as well.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies