turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ayoung83

Why doesn’t QuickZoom work?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

Please explain more.  

QuickZoom is available in Forms Mode in the desktop software.  Are you using the desktop software (CD/download)?

What does "does not work" mean?   What happens?  And what specific form/worksheet are you referring to?

Teri324

I'm having the same problem using TurboTax Premier download version.  Selecting QuickZoom in forms mode opens nothing. ???

cindymiller333
Returning Member

I'm trying to figure out how to fill out a form...and it has tons of these quick zooms...but when I click on it, doesn't do anything :(

@ cindymiller333 wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to fill out a form...and it has tons of these quick zooms...but when I click on it, doesn't do anything :(

First of all, are you using TurboTax for Windows or Mac?

What topic are you entering?   Please describe a specific example; i.e., what form and which QuickZoom(s) on that form?

Why are you in Forms Mode?   Are you trying to check and troubleshoot something you entered in the Interview Mode (step-by-step mode?)

cindymiller333
Returning Member

oh darn.   It was a worksheet to fill out re: self employment.  I muddled through, but actually...even when I was on other basic steps walking through the screens for deductions...none of those worked.

I'm on a windows.

Thanks

cindymiller333
Returning Member

I was in the step by step mode I believe.

@ cindymiller333 wrote:

I was in the step by step mode I believe.

Were you on an Interview screen and used a tiny arrow at the screen bottom that says "Show Relevant Form?" And it then produced a split screen with interview at the top and the current form at the bottom?

The QuickZoom links work only when one is in full Forms Mode.   I suspect you may have been in Interview Mode (step by step) and used the feature at the bottom called "Show Relevant Form" which displays a view of the form on the lower half of the screen.     That's only for a quick view of the current form being worked on the Interview Mode.  In that split screen it's related to the specific questions on the screen.  Therefore, you can't switch to another form with QuickZoom in that split-screen view.

So the QuickZoom links in the "Show Relevant Form" window are not functional as long as you remain in Interview Mode.    You have to  switch over to full Forms Mode in order to have functional QuickZoom links on a form.

saveti747

I am in full forms and none of my quick zooms work on Schedule C and I cannot check either box which is yellow to say I did not make payments requiring a 1099

@ saveti747 wrote:

I am in full forms and none of my quick zooms work on Schedule C and I cannot check either box which is yellow to say I did not make payments requiring a 1099

This appears to be a different and new issue after a recent TurboTax update for Mac.   You stated elsewhere you are using Mac OS 15.5.      There is another thread at the link below where a user who is in full Forms Mode reports losing check box function and QuickZoom function on his Mac version after a recent TurboTax update.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/latest-mac-home-business-update-introduces-form-f...

I don't use a Mac, so I can't comment any further, but a Mac forum helper (who has been able to reproduce the problem) is posting in that thread and may know if more instances have been reported in the forum and what the current status is.   

@macuser_22   Is there anything new on this such as a containment FAQ?  Thanks.

Otherwise, to report it to TurboTax Support (the more who complain the sooner they fix something), you can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Hours are currently 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

ADDENDUM:

@saveti747  also wrote:  "I cannot check either box which is yellow to say I did not make payments requiring a 1099."

There is also a screen in Interview Mode (step-by-step) in the Business Income section where you can answer that question.

This is confirmed as a bug in the form mode in the last update and has been referred to the developers - no status on it yet.   No problems with the interview mode.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies