turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why does Turbotax show form 8915 as unsupported in efile?

Once the 8915 is available, will I be able to efile in Turbotax? If not, how can I get help with filing?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Yes, once the IRS finalizes the form, it will be available in TurboTax. Please see this LINK for more information.

Will we be able to efile with the 8915?  I heard it can only be filed by mail, which I think would make no sense.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@sheenap001 That is correct. According to the IRS form availability link below, the print version will not be ready until 2/25/21. Then for E-file, it does show unsupported.

• When you locate your form, there will be dates for both Print and (in most cases) E-file availability. If the E-file form is listed as unsupported, the form must be printed and you'll need to mail your return.

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

Currently this form shows:

Form 8915-D, Qualified 2019 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Taxpayer) Print 02/25/2021 E-file unsupported

KLMAC27

I have filed my taxes with TurboTax online for several years now using the same forms which are currently not supported for the 2021 tax season. Why is this? Also a friend of mine filed her taxes with Turbotax for this tax season and the forms that I am being told are not supported she used and was able to transmit her taxes with no issues. Why is is that I am receiving a message telling me that I can not efile because of the formsets I have. Furthermore, I have not messages telling me what forms are not available. I already paid the $40 and if I would have known this prior to then I would not have continued with Turbotax. 

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

Yes, There are tax forms that aren't  finalized yet and may include form 8915. Once available, forms will be updated in Turbo Tax. The form 8915  (Qualified 2016 Disaster Retirement Plan Distribution and Repayment is used by individuals who were adversely affected by 2016 disaster and received a distribution that qualifies for a favorable tax treatment.  

See, federal individual forms availability.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies