Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why do turbo have such poor customer service when it comes to getting the peopes stimulus money out this is sad people kida are starving all behind Turbo Tax big error depositing these checks yall go

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies

Why do turbo have such poor customer service when it comes to getting the peopes stimulus money out this is sad people kida are starving all behind Turbo Tax big error depositing these checks yall go

If you filed a 2018 or 2019 federal tax return with a federal tax refund and selected Direct Deposit for the tax refund then the IRS has your direct deposit information.  It does not matter if you selected the Direct Deposit to a bank account or to a debit card, the routing and account number is used for Direct Deposit.

If you filed a 2018 or 2019 and did not have a tax refund then you must use the IRS portal to enter your Direct Deposit information - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

On the IRS portal you must enter a valid Social Security number, your date of birth and your address as shown on the Federal tax return that was filed in either 2018 or 2019. 

Depending on your status you will also be asked to provide your Adjusted Gross Income from either the 2018 or 2019 federal tax return that was filed.

• IRS 2018 Form 1040 Line 7 for the 2018 AGI
  • IRS 2019 Form 1040 Line 8b for the 2019 AGI

You will also be asked to provide either your Federal tax refund or the Federal taxes owed for the year of filing.

• IRS 2018 Form 1040 Line 19 for the tax refund or Line 22 for the taxes owed
  • IRS 2019 Form 1040 Line 20 for the tax refund or Line 23 for the taxes owed 

If you were a non-filer in 2018 and 2019 then you are asked to use the non-filer IRS portal for your stimulus payment - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

If you are Social Security or SSI beneficiary then the IRS has your direct deposit information.  See this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/supplemental-security-income-recipients-will-receive-automatic-economic...

Go to this IRS website for stimulus payment information FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

TurboTax support FAQ stimulus payment - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-will-the-stimulus-package-impact-me/00/1393859

TurboTax blog post - https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/wheres-my-stimulus-check-how-to-check-the-status-of-your-s...

on the IRS site I used the turbo tax visa card bank routing and account numbers that were on my 2019 return Was this correct? I am concerned because I didn't realize it is a temporary bank account. 

Why does irs say info isn't valid, locks us out, and yet turbo tax reports to media that our deposits are being made...what is really going on? 

AttachImage.png

janev1014

This is not helpful. The system does not recognize my cellphone number. I need the stimulus money this month to pay bills. My job was eliminated from the coronavirus mitigation efforts.

I fall tax’s last year an I’m still waiting on my stimulus check I need to pay my bills 

I’m still waiting on my stimulus check . Didn’t know it would be a problem by using turbo tax preparation I will need to change my tax preparer next year . Sad ......

Where is the Turbotx help on this?? I've read that Turbo Tax filers are having trouble with the IRS for Stimulus checks. What is TurboTax doing about this and in so doing keeping TurboTax filers informed?

I've read that Turbo Tax filers are having trouble with the IRS for Stimulus checks. What is TurboTax doing about this and in so doing keeping TurboTax filers informed?

They absolutely do have poor customer service. In the content of the media I have read..ei usa , wallstreet journal, cnet...Turbo tax claimed that they were working with their customers to make sure there stimulus money wold get to them. My direct deposit information matches my Turbo Tax Debit card...I checked,,.what they neglected to say was that for those of us who were suckered into paying for their services with our tax refund and the remainder of our refund direct deposit put their Turbo Tax Debit card..that we fell into a big black hole.  even though our information matched..there would be no badly needed deposit for us.  I paid a total of 160 for my basic taxes and deposit. I was not informed that I could efile for free using their service.  I should have done more research..but i trusted them..I had used them for years. I entered my direct deposit information on the IRS tool site..and today..finally I got a date for DD.. What I gained from this whole experience was that when it comes to money these companies are designed to rip you off and take your money,,,,,,Never again Turbo Tax...never again

"My direct deposit information matches my Turbo Tax Debit card."

see here

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/turbo-card/

url corrected.

The answer to the question has yet to be answered adequately. There seems to be a trend of rhetoric with everything out here. Is it so confusing to be direct and to the point with the simple answers? I pose a simple question: The IRS has posted my stimulus payment into the Turbotax account but I've yet to receive it; does that mean I have to wait on my tax return to obtain the full amount and or is Turbotax about to keep my stimulus? 

MARGIGI92

TurboTax has nothing to do with stimulus checks. Keep in mind there are millions of checks going out and not everyone will get one this year. Some who dont get it will apply for it next year when they file their 2020 return. Its good to go to irs.gov and read the articles to keep you updated.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies