Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Why do I keep getting an error has occurred, please try again when I try to transfer my binance API Key?

You will need to contact Biance US to get a copy of the 1099 to be able to import it into Turbo Tax @sawalha.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Why do I keep getting an error has occurred, please try again when I try to transfer my binance API Key?

As of today this is still an issue.  Even uploading the CSV sales document fails because Intuit doesn't like the header format.

We shouldn't have to.  Intuit needs to resolve their system issues.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@commbubba19

If the above suggestions are not working for your situation, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.   

I'm also having this issue, it's definitely not because of an excess of transactions. I'm trying to contact binance.us about getting 1099. Likewise, every other app gives one except binance.us. Is it bc it's originally a UK-based company? No idea. 

I am also having this issue. Why is trubo tax ignoring it?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, please make sure that your software is updated to the most recent version. The below TurboTax help article will assist with this. 

How do I update my TurboTax CD/Download software program?

If that does not resolve the issue, please comment back. 
@shoot991

Binance.US does not offer a 1099-B to their clients/users. They simply provide a .csv of transaction history and send you off on your own to figure out the total gains/losses. There are some other 3rd party apps that provide a breakdown of gains/losses in a instant after the .csv is uploaded, but it's a minimum of $100. Pretty lame on Binance.US's part. Will certainly make me think twice before trading with this app in the future. Or, I'll just suck up the $100 and basically know what I'm committing to in order to trade via the Binance.US app.

Why hasn't TurboTax/Intuit made an effort to make the .csv file compatible with their system. It seems I was able to connect with many other custodians that I trade with through this app, but for some reason, you all must have missed how giant Binance.US is and how frequently it is utilized. It would be SUPER helpful if TurboTax/Intuit could update this feature on their app so that people like me can complete our filing. Seems like this company has had enough time to work out this kink and it's a real bummer it is still persisting. Please, if you can, would be great if you could rectify this issue ASAP. Thanks! 

I was getting errors with both the API and the CSV method. I cleared my Chrome browser cache and set it to allow all cookies. I also turned off an ad blocker. One of those changes fixed the issue. 

Ebony A
Intuit Alumni

Glad to hear that your issue was resolved; thanks for the update @bwb33.

Ebony A
Intuit Alumni

You may review this resource @melimel76.

Funny thing is that after I tried more than a dozen times, generating a dozen APIs at Binance, TurboTax was finally able to extract the 1099.

To be clear: I did NOT refresh my cache, did NOT set my browser to allow cookies and did NOT upgrade anything 'to the latest version'. All I did was I kept doing basically the same thing over and over again until the last attempt - and it was going to be the last one - was successful.

By the way, the error message seems to be indicating that Binance was rejecting TurboTax attempt at authentication. So it's not clear if TurboTax was sending wrong credentials or Binance was unwilling to accept the right ones.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

I am happy to hear you were able to get the 1099. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. @arthdenton

varma

Hello,

I have issue in connecting Binance US with turbo. Tried providing API and Secret key. Get a message "Please wait" and it fails to import 1099. Appreciate your help here!

Thanks,

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies