turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why do I get an Access Denied reply when trying to get my stimulus check information ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why do I get an Access Denied reply when trying to get my stimulus check information ?

IRS FAQ:

Get My Payment will display one of the following payment statuses:

1. Payment Status (one of two statuses) –
  • A payment has been processed, a payment date is available, and payment is to be sent either by direct deposit or mail.
  • You are eligible, but a payment has not been processed and a payment date is not available.
  1. Need More Information – You are eligible for a payment, but we do not have your direct deposit information. You will be given the opportunity to provide your bank information once you have properly verified your identity. Direct Deposit is the fastest way to get your EIP.

1. Payment Status Not Available – We cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time. For example, this could mean:
  • You are required to file a tax return, but:
    • We haven't finished processing your 2019 return
    • The application doesn't yet have your data; we’re working on adding more data to allow more people to use it.
  • You don't usually file a return, and:
    • You used Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here but we haven’t processed your entry yet
    • You receive an SSA or RRB Form 1099 or SSI or VA benefits; information has not been loaded onto our systems yet for people who don’t normally file a tax return.
  • You’re not eligible for a payment (see Eligibility).

View solution in original post

69 Replies

are you trying too frequently? there is a 24 hour lockout after 3 tries.  

I’ve been getting that same message for 2 weeks or so...

I‘I’ve waited up to 2 days before trying again still getting the same message..... tried asking the same message on the stimulus web site.. all I got back is a no available message. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help..

JohnC

IRS FAQ:

Get My Payment will display one of the following payment statuses:

1. Payment Status (one of two statuses) –
  • A payment has been processed, a payment date is available, and payment is to be sent either by direct deposit or mail.
  • You are eligible, but a payment has not been processed and a payment date is not available.
  1. Need More Information – You are eligible for a payment, but we do not have your direct deposit information. You will be given the opportunity to provide your bank information once you have properly verified your identity. Direct Deposit is the fastest way to get your EIP.

1. Payment Status Not Available – We cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time. For example, this could mean:
  • You are required to file a tax return, but:
    • We haven't finished processing your 2019 return
    • The application doesn't yet have your data; we’re working on adding more data to allow more people to use it.
  • You don't usually file a return, and:
    • You used Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here but we haven’t processed your entry yet
    • You receive an SSA or RRB Form 1099 or SSI or VA benefits; information has not been loaded onto our systems yet for people who don’t normally file a tax return.
  • You’re not eligible for a payment (see Eligibility).

Same Problem.  All listed answers are bogus.  Users, don't answer if you don't know!

I got this too when using Windows 10 FireFox.  Had success using Microsoft Edge.

Did you get an "ACCESS DENIED" response as soon as you entered your information ?  If not then your response is not valid. Please respond to the question that was actually asked.

tanabota

Using Edge fixed it for me, maybe clearing the browser cache fixes it too

I was told I would get 1200.00 stimulus an it's been well over a month an still have not received no email or no stimulas check an people that file taxes got a stimulus check someone put my info in when I go to check get my payment 

@Melinda4546

The IRS can look at your 2018 or 2019 return to issue a stimulus check.  If they do not have a 2018 return then you may be waiting for them to finish processing 2019 before they will be able to use it to issue your stimulus check.

TurboTax has no control over your stimulus check, nor can TT track it for you or tell you when the IRS will issue it. Refer to the sites linked below:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center#nonfilertool

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-will-the-stimulus-package-impact-me/00/1393859

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I use to get payment status not available. I have not check that where is my payment for more than 3 weeks, so today 7/7/2020 I went to Where is payment, I input the information and the **bleep** thing gives me the following information:I

Access Denied

: Why do I get an Access Denied reply when trying to get my stimulus check information ?

Reference #18.c81a32b[phone number removed].e80539

Please tells me what is the problem...

glenm2017

I get the same thing access denied unauthorized apache something or other put my info correct hit ok and access denied instantly tried every browser

glenm2017

yes please only post relevant answers this is ridiculous turbo tax should have known these payments were going to be intercepted by third party accounts that are closed I file then have them take out the fees when I get my return so anybody that goes that route is screwed now because it goes to a closed account they used for taking fees first got the first check no problem because it was march just after tax season so third party account was still active and they re routed it right away but turbo tax knew this shame you turbo tax I was a four year customer but i will go else where now if I would have paid the fees for tax prep last year upfront I wouldnt have this problem but its always the little guys or gals who get jacked terrible and spokesman said they are working with IRS to get TT customers payments yeah we are screwed until end of feb or begging of march until we file returns and can imagine the wait time this year on that with these payments right before tax time BS 

glenm2017

You don't have permission to access [remove] on this server. Reference [remove] [phone number removed]this the message I get trying every browser available on the get my payments IRS site [remove] anyone else?

I was getting that too until I started checking it after midnight.  Their servers are probably overloaded during the day.  This is the IRS we are talking about.  They are probably still using 1960's tech.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies