Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Why did I get response "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." When I tried to efile?

You can utilize the IRS Free file with Turbo Tax by going to this website

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Why did I get response "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." When I tried to efile?

I am having trouble also.  My Federal was accepted, tried my state again and still getting the same message.  I even went back to review. Cannot find any errors.

I got it to work. 

Went back and deleted state return then did it again as normal. This time the state return popped with 3 errors it was missing birthdates and todays date. Once I corrected that it transmitted just fine. 

Oh dang. Mine didn’t go thru.. said I couldn’t e-file so it never charged me the first time. 

a5t113

I read a post that said to redo State Taxes. Went back and of course nothing changed but low and behold, when I clicked on DONE, it took me to a payment screen for State Taxes. Apparently, when I originally paid, it only processed Fed. I would presume that since my State and Federal are filed together and only Fed was paid, the system defaulted to this error. I hope this makes sense.

elizabetsy3
Returning Member

I am getting the same error message and I already paid. What do we do now? Are we supposed to wait to receive the refunds and then do an amended return? Or do we wait a month and try to send the turbo tax file again? Please advise us turbo tax. 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

We have received numerous reports of this experience that appear to be coming from various areas of the program. Please troubleshoot with the options below. If needed, we will need to investigate your experience. Thank you for your participation and patience.

a. Check Availability
 Please confirm all forms you are filing are available and supported to be e-filed. When will my forms be ready?(The 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021)

b. Remove state and try again
 If all your forms are ready and available to be e-filed and you receive this message, please follow the steps below

1. Sign out of TurboTax.
  2. Sign back in.
  3. E-file the return again.

You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file.

c. Send us your tax file
Still receiving the message? We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)

TurboTax Online:  
Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.
Click Tools, and then
Click Share my file with Agent.
A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.
Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

TurboTax Desktop:
Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.
Select Send Tax File to Agent.
A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent"

Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box.
Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Shalie

I had to print and file my return (I live in TX, no state taxes). It only gave me the option to print my return as I was ‘not eligible’ to file online. I had already paid or I would have used a different platform. I’ve used TurboTax for the last 10 years and have always filed. I do not understand what the issue is/was. But I will be expecting some sort of reimbursement for this. Especially since IRS is working with the bare minimum amount of bodies and I’m sure it will be MONTHS before it is accepted. So disappointed @turbotax

Same for me, I went back to the State section and deleted my saved State filling. Started the process of re-doing State Tax, once completed I was re-directed to pay for State filling which I didn't previously. Once I paid for State I was able to process both State and Federal e-filing (some kind of bug for sure). 

Getting the same and I even deleted the return, confirmed it and started over.

I noticed I only paid $40. I did check to file fed and state. I’ll try to file fed only and go back for the state.

My issue is the same as what someone said below. They dont charge the fee for state together with the federal NOR do they allow you to pay for it separately. Why don't you all bring up the option to pay for state after we do the payment for federal? I have no clue how to pay for state and you can't efile until you do. Fix this asap and make it clear that it's  40.00 or so for each filing instead of giving the impression it's all inclusive. It's screwing up us filing when you're not upfront. I had to delete my state and redo it so it'll bring up the option to pay. Too much.

VanessaG1

Thank you so much this helped! I couldn’t restart everything and just reviewing state didn’t work. 

its middle of February and WHAT isnt ready yet?
Been using this site for like 7 previous years. 

What isnt 'ready' yet????

uh...i did fix all the problems your site told me needed fixing. THEN your site CHECKED it all and said it was READY to file. We're PAST that point of checking for errors by the time this error comes up. 
I guess I"ll just go pay HR block to do my damned taxes for me from now on

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies