Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why did I get a schedule D for AMT?

Line 15 is a sum of other lines, so you have to look which line is different between AMT and non-AMT. I asked you for line 14.

Line 14 is empty for 2021 Schedule D, 2022 Schedule D, and 2022 Schedule D AMT

I guess then it's different than my case. You may want to go line for line on schedule D AMT and non-AMT. And track which lines are different.

Thank you, this was very helpful!

Very helpful thread here, I had same issue with TT 2023 asking about 2021 Sched D for AMT.

I pulled up TT 2021 (luckily haven't decommissioned the Windows 10 PC I had that on as .PDF tax forms wouldn't have sufficed here) and went to Forms view... I could easily see my Schedule D, but it wasn't so obvious how to "request" the Schedule D AMT... Turns out going to Forms->Open Form->2021 US form 1040->Schedule D->Schedule D AMT did the trick.

My Numbers for 2021 schedule D AMT were VERY different for non-AMT schedule D, though in the end it didn't affect my taxes for 2023 so just a waste of some time booting up an ancient PC to grab this.

Could have taken a LOT longer if not for the help in this forum, so thanks all for sharing your dealing with this!

I have the same problem. thanks for the useful info. (1). "Forms->Open Form->2021 US form 1040->Schedule D->Schedule D AMT did the trick" on how to create Schedule D AMT
(2). "My Numbers for 2021 schedule D AMT were VERY different for non-AMT schedule D". the same to me. numbers were very different. 

This is a confusing conversation.  I got a similar inquiry regarding my Schedule D for AMT for 2021 for my 2023 tax review.  They are actually asking for information from your Schedule D for 2021.  If you go to IRS.gov, you will find there is no reference to a special Schedule D for AMT.  Turbotax is basically saying use your Schedule D to get information for AMT determination.  They do this in a confusing way. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies