Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Which Turbotax product(s) do I need?

Hello!  I am trying to figure out which TurboTax products I need to purchase this year.  Here's what I have to deal with:


LLC (I know I need TurboTax Business for this)

Self-employed (Uber driver)

W-2 employee


Which product would work best for all 3 of these?  Thanks!

2 Replies
Level 15

Which Turbotax product(s) do I need?

You do need TurboTax Business for a multi-member LLC (Form 1065) or if you have made an election to be treated as a corporation for federal income tax purposes (1120 or 1120-S). However, if you have a single-member LLC, you can treat the LLC as a disregarded entity and just file a Form 1040 with a Schedule C.


Otherwise, assuming you need TurboTax Business for your LLC (Form 1065), then you would probably be better off with TurboTax Home & Business for your individual income tax return since it will handle your self-employment income and provide a higher level of guidance. 

Employee Tax Expert

Which Turbotax product(s) do I need?

If you want to claim Uber expenses, you will need to purchase the Self Employed version. With only income, you can use Deluxe. For a full comparison of products, click on this link

**Join us for our "All about the refund" event, sign up here

**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies