Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Where is the form 8915-f for 2023 filing of 2022 taxes?

You might try a manual update to complete the filing with form 8915-F.  To manually update for Windows, please see the Help Article here.  For Mac, please see this Help Article.  

@vshoemak 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
vanka1025
Returning Member

By doing this, does this remove any entries you've already entered?

Hi all...I was just on the phone with a Turbo Tax rep...for over one hour. He suggested entering the last 1/3 payment as a 1099-R ..even though we did not receive this form for 2022 The system included the income in the return, but I got a message saying that there would be a 10% penalty assessed. Obviously not correct. He suggested I wait until later on today or maybe tomorrow to try it again. I asked him numerous times if the software had been updated as promised on March 9. He tried to check with a Product Mgr, but he was not successful. So frustrating!!!

@joshgoldstein201 it's shocking that their advisors keep suggesting we commit tax fraud. I was told to just file and amend a month ago even though I/we knew I needed this form.

That guy was wrong had a nice lady Amanda who remote took over my screen, and long as every thing is in correctly with you 1099 R, when it takes you to the screen have you taken a distraction between the years 2018, 2019, 2020 and you click yes, your fine it only asks you to revisit page of you didn't input info in the 1099 spot and she was right at the review my 8915 F firm was there.

I just did yet again another Chat and this person says it will be mailed to you!! These folks are not trained at Turbo Tax and I will no longer be using them, this is a joke. 

I’m guessing a manual update won’t work since I’m not using software but doing it online. Plus, TT said I would receive an email when it was ready…. Which I haven’t yet.  We had this same problem last year and TT didn’t have it ready until the first week of April.  I’m just glad it’s my last year dealing with this form. I’ve been very happy with TT for about 10 years or so. This form has been a problem each year. 

Stoney99....did you say YES on the screen....that you received a 1099-R form.... when you actually didn't? I tried this approach based on the TT rep's suggestion and found I would have been incorrectly charged a 10% penalty. When I told the rep, he said maybe the software hadn't been updated yet and I should try it again later in the day. Thanks.

J_34
Level 3

Are we not able to input the federal income tax withheld for the distribution?

my efile was just rejected because turbotax entered text in the FEMA declaration code, which should be blank. I can't edit this form manually to change it. ughghghgghghghghghgh

Yes, that was my error as well. I was able to clear the text from worksheet 8915-E and that corrected the actual form which then refiled.

Mine was rejected also. 😡😡

nikonosis
Returning Member

sqs2023, how were you able to clear the text?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies