turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gdozier33

Where do i go to download my etrade 1099 in turbo tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
HelenaC

Please see the following instructions to import your Fidelity accounts into TurboTax:

• Type import in the search bar and click search.
  • Click on Jump to import. 
  • Click start/edit/add on 1099-INT or 1099-DIV or Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other.
  • Continue with the onscreen interview and identify your financial institution
  • Type in the Online ID and Passcode.
  • Continue with the online interview to import your financial data.

See the screenshots below.

Tip: When selecting your financial institution or brokerage from the list, be sure to select the right one. For example, several participating partners' names start with First National Bank and if you select the "wrong" First National Bank, you won't be able to import.

Related information:

Rbx

It won't connect to etrade for me

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Check your login information for your eTrade account. If you still cannot connect, you have the option of entering the information manually. Follow the instructions indicated in the link below:

Manually entering investment transactions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Sorry, but Intuit only exist to take your money, more and more each year for a product they don't actually support.  All "Support" is answers from other users, some of whom have stumbled upon the answer and others who don't know anything at all but are happy to converse with anyone. 

Sorry, but Intuit only exist to take your money, more and more each year for a product they don't actually support.  All "Support" is answers from other users, some of whom have stumbled upon the answer and others who don't know anything at all but are happy to converse with anyone. 

Wow, no "Thank You"s for telling folks they have to do manually what Intuit claims the program will do for you?  Isn't this misrepresentation of the product?  If this is a software bug, don't you think that it is the seller's responsibility to fix it?  Just wondering what we spend all that money for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cyfie  1- you are replying to a very old thread and 2- this isn't really a support forum, it's a user to user forum but during the busy part of the year the company sends in some of their own people to help answer questions, too.  (also most import issues are on the side of the other company - there is only so much reformatting any software program can do) 

Support is available, but this is not really the forum for it.  https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/  

It does not work with E*Trade.  I get unsuccessful, no data to import.  It does not even get to the page that asks for a specific account as I have multiple accounts under that user ID.  

Do you expect to get this fixed soon?  

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You may need to check your brokerage to see if they are allowing third-party access. Although the following Help Article is for Schwab, it is possible that your brokerage has restricted TurboTax's access to your statements unless you grant consent, and you might need to do something similar to what is described here How can I fix my 1099 import issue?

For me, importing from E*Trade Bank instead of E*Trade Securities solved the problem!

For importing ETrade Securities instead of ETrade Morgan Stanley. That worked for me. My 1099 listed Morgan Stanley Securities but that didn't work.

This worked for me too. I just selected ETrade Securities.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

We are happy to know that it ended up working for you; as you will see in this resource, some individual partners have multiple entities listed and the appropriate one has to be selected otherwise it will not import @mikemaup @Ken14.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies