turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I find out how much I owe for my state taxes? TurboTax doesn't seem to know the amount or where to find it.?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Where do I find out how much I owe for my state taxes? TurboTax doesn't seem to know the amount or where to find it.?

You will be able to see the amount of you federal and state tax refund or liability on the top of your screen as you enter your income and expenses.  

Please be aware, the amounts on the top of your screen are not final until you are ready to file your tax return.  Every item you input will change your overall tax total and will change your refund or balance due accordingly.  

Overall totals

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I had already filed.my taxes. And it never said how much I owe. I am supposed to get some back from Federal but don't know about the state. I was just wondering how to find it after I have filed.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

To get a copy of your 2020 tax return that you filed this year (if it has been accepted), you may log back in to your account and select Download/print return. Once you do this, you will be able to take note of your exact refund amounts for both federal and state. Please see the screenshot below for an example of how this should look :

Screenshot

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies