Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Wher is my second economic stimulus payment

@DA  this is the exact same information that we received in the email y'all sent us last night.  Personally I need a bit more information.

@ExpertDawnC, this is contrary to the IRS's response regarding reissuing checks. The below response was added to the IRS website on 1/6/21 in reference to why the IRS can't reissue the second EIP:

"The IRS is working hard to deliver the second Economic Impact Payment quickly, as required by law, while still preparing for the upcoming 2021 tax filing season. Due to the compressed timeline, the IRS is unable to reissue and mail checks and instead encourages people to file their 2020 tax return electronically to claim and receive the Recovery Rebate Credit quickly as possible."

I thank God I'm working, but it breaks my heart to know and hear the stories of so many people who waited for months for the second stimulus, only to find out they will have to wait to claim the credit on their taxes. This is a shame Turbo Tax. I've been with you guys for 8 years, but I'm strongly considering taking my business elsewhere.

I will not be using TurboTax again.  They definitely screwed us and now need to claim the rebate on our 2020 tax return.  

They are back peddling now, since they are losing so many customers. 

I agree with you. 

jchild1979
Returning Member

Does the IRS statement that if you haven't recieved your payment by now you won't apply to TurboTax customers?

@jchild1979  it doesn’t state who it applies to. It simply states they will not resend any payments, and those who don't receive it will have to claim it on their taxes since they don’t have time to resend returns payments.  I’m not sure why Turbo Tax is saying it will be corrected and resent. The only thing I can think of is maybe TT has something worked out with the IRS. I highly doubt it, because the IRS didn’t resend payments for H&R Block. H&R Block took it upon themselves to rectify the issue. I personally believe it’s on TT to fix. I don’t believe the IRS can fix this. 

I have been using Turbo Tax for more than 8 years, but I believe is time to make a change, after reading how H&R Block is helping their customers get their money and Tubo Tax is just doing nothing. I’m definitely leaving Turbo, anyway it seems that they don’t care about their customers. 

Found this on the Santa Barbara TPG site. 

Fortunately, TPG was able to pivot quickly and we are now issuing payments directly to taxpayers who have an established bank account (UBA) on file with us.  This means that taxpayers who chose to have their 2020 tax refund disbursed by direct deposit to an existing bank account or funded to a Green Dot card product (including the TurboCard, Walmart MoneyCard), will have their EIP2 payment directed to that account as early as Monday January 11th. Clients who received their disbursement on a cashier’s check can claim their EIP2 on their 2020 return using the Rebate Recovery Credit as directed by the IRS.  We are confident that this is the best solution for getting money into the hands of so many American taxpayers who depend on these funds. Click on the link for more. 

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

@DawnC  Can we get updated information instead of information  that was copied and pasted from the email we all received. 

What happens to those who were able to file 2019 taxes, but who are unable to file for 2020 due to the pandemic? How will they get their stimulus credit if they are not filing 2020 taxes?

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

@starclan8 

The second payment was based on 2019 data, or can be claimed on the 2020 return.  At this time, the IRS has not provided an alternative for those who are not required to, or able to, file a tax return. It appears filing a 2020 tax return is the only way to get the payment, however, it is possible that this will change.

Information is changing rapidly (sometimes multiple times in a day) and therefore we suggest keeping an eye on the following for the most up-to-date information:

If another option becomes available, I expect that information would be at one (or several) of the links above.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
lnilles

Does this reflect those whose status says “not enough information” or just those with the incorrect bank account listed. 

TurboTax did the right thing! I got this shortly after midnight EST. 

Dear Valued TurboTax Customer,

Great news, your stimulus payment is on the way!

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited starting January 8th. We expect most payments to be available that day, but your bank could take a few business days to process. Your payment will be deposited into the same bank account that you received your 2019 tax refund.

We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get your stimulus payment to you. We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay in you receiving your stimulus payment.

For more information about stimulus payments, please go here.

Thank you again for being a TurboTax customer.

Greg Johnson
Executive Vice President & General Manager
Intuit, Inc. | TurboTax

They only sent the notice when they discovered how much business they were losing. They are in a panic. People are talking about jumping ship and going to H&R Block who did something, they worked to help their people get money fast.

This uncaring Giant company owned and operated by MICROSOFT are now acquiring other businesses like Credit Karma, thereby becoming ever more impersonal. They are now crashing and burning FAST. I am finished with them. Never again will I use their services. 

NEVER trust anyone who doesn't have your back and cares only about the almighty dollar.

This is good to see, if you were audited TT would not care, nor would they help you out, since this, they say is not their fault and were so uncaring from the beginning, well we know what would happen if the IRS investigated.

10 years of using TurboTax. Another business relationship down the drain, not because of the mix up but rather spend week blaming the govt while HR Block just fixed the issue. Bad enough they lobby the govt to keep the tax system in place when the irs knows how much we owe but that would put turbo and others out of business. Not surprised they would handle it in this manner. Last 3 years something is always wrong or a hassle with my taxes. Way to blow it for so many hurting Americans 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies