Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will TurboTax be updated to include the new 2020 IRS Form 2210?

Latest promise by TT was the Form 2210 would be available today, but now shows "soon" and no idea when.

Can someone from TT please address and please get this completed ?  This is getting ridiculous.

Roger29

Will someone from TT please address when "soon" is???

TT is really doing it's reputation poorly by not reacting to the customer needs.  Next year's share of market is rapidly decreasing and it is going to be long term clients like myself!!

cfcan
Returning Member

You seem to be claiming an underpayment penalty increases the later you file a return.  Really?  You mean if you could file today (Feb 25) the penalty is less than it would be if you filed later, let's say Apr 15.  I haven't had to deal with an underpayment penalty before, but I'm very surprised the penalty increases with time before the Apr 15 filing date.  Are you sure? 

rjsl
Level 2

Well, it is now 02/26/2021 and the TT IRS Forms Availability List still shows that form 2210 will be available on 02/25/2021 - And yet, it is still NOT available.  What gives?  The 02/25/2021 date was already a delayed date - from 02/18/2021.  The IRS itself (not noted for its speed) made the 2020 form 2210 (and the applicable instructions) available on 02/09/2021.   Why the unreasonable delay by TT?  I have used TT for the past couple decades and dutifully paid the cost each year.  This year the penalty I owe continues to increase each day of TT's delay.  This is not the TT I have grown to rely upon.  TT needs to make it right and release the form, or provide me (and obviously many others) with a refund for the program that I am unable to fully utilize because TT can't get their act together.  Yes, I am frustrated.

It says it will be available on 2/25/21 but it still is not available. 

The form 2210 is still not available even though it gave a date of 2/25/21.

Yes, penalty/interest increases every day. April 15 is not important for these calculations.

MWHook

@MWHook wrote:

Form 2210 is already available in online TurboTax, why not for download??

See it's here:

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

But not here:

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_windows_individual.htm...

What are you waiting for?

Form 2210, Underpayment of Estimated Tax and Form 2210-F, Underpayment of Estimated Tax by Farmers and Fishermen are both available in the TurboTax desktop editions after today's software update.

Update your software to the latest release.  Click on Online and click on Check for Updates.

MWHook

Just updated. It's there. Thanks.

Although form 2210 is supposed to have been updated, my turbo tax still gives me errors on this form and it is clear the form in my turbotax has is not updated. Turbotax will not let me delete the existing form. Help

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

For steps on how to delete forms in TurboTax online please click the link below. If you are using the TurboTax CD/download software please click here.

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

If you need further assistance please click the link below to help get you connected to the right person for help.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

“Soon” is when Jesus is coming back to earth to claim his children. 

Jerry N
Returning Member

is form 2210now available? my turbo tax file no longer shows it is not available

@Jerry N wrote:

is form 2210now available? my turbo tax file no longer shows it is not available

Form 2210, Underpayment of Estimated Tax for tax year 2021 is available.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies