Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: When will the energy-efficient vehicle section be available on TurboTax?

I'm just a customer also waiting for that form. I was just commenting that I'm not uptight about it taking a few more days than H&R Block, I think Turbotax is the leader in online tax preparation and I'm willing to grant them some slack in this regard. But am I getting a little impatient for my $7500 tax refund? Ohhhh yeahhh

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: When will the energy-efficient vehicle section be available on TurboTax?

The date when the form would be available for e-file from the IRS has been pushed back. (see: List of available IRS e-file forms.

We will provide an update as soon as we are able to do so.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes I can see that but why is it only pushed back for turbo tax? That is my question,,,I think everyone would like to know why,,,!

They answered that earlier, they have a higher standard of development and testing their forms than others. I can live with a few days, hopefully it doesn't become weeks! Thanks for the update, Susan.

yeah... I would hesitate passing judgement... we don't know peoples lives or their hardships.  we only know our own.    Days waiting could mean the difference between life and death for some people - we just don't know.  

Is 2/20  verified confirmed?  

As of today 2/12, form 8936 has gone missing from your available form listing link.

It was there yesterday and scheduled for 2/12.  Now its completely gone.

Can you ask for that form to be added back to your listing with the updated timeline of 2/20?

Thanks.

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Our latest update is that the form will be in this week's release.  I do not yet have an exact date/time (this is as of 10AM PST 2/12/20).

I have this post on my watch list today and will return this afternoon to let you know what I have learned, or sooner if I get confirmation of a release date.  

I do apologize for the delays and all of the confusion about this form today. 

Kam52

When is the form going to be ready? was to be today 2/12 but do not see it as of yet

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Form 8936 will be available in this week's release of TurboTax.  The forms availability article will be updated when the release is made.

What day are weekly releases generally made?

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Form 8936 will be available in this week's release of TurboTax.  The forms availability article will be updated when the release is made.

They ( the TT "experts") are not going to answer you.  This is the 4th bump to this form for "IRS" changes.

Yeah.  Right... If you believe that then you will believe that Trump never ever lies and he has only ever been married once.

Any idea if I will be able to file both of my electric cars? Heard something of only being able to do one.

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

Depending what form you are filing: Form 8834 or Form 8836. The latest from TurboTax is that Form 8836 should be available today 2/10/20. Here's the TurboTax discussion thread about the issue: Form 8834 Electric Vehicle Credit for 2019 tax filing.

IRS released the forms, and Turbotax hasn't updated their site to be able to file for it. I think I'll be taking my business elsewhere. Not too pleased with turbotax at the moment. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies