Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will the 2021 8915-f form be available on Turbo Tax to efile?

So they released a buggy form?? Wow

Really, if this is true, appears some people already filed!?

But I am able to see taxes due be reduced and I am able to follow the trail back to box #5b on the first page of my 1040, indicating "Taxable Amount"

Do not submit your taxes! Just got off with the 800 number and the form is causing an error that they now don't expect to be fixed until 3/31. In fact, the form 8915-F is NOT being generated when sent to e-file to IRS.

Ridiculous.  I just filed, as the amount reduced as expected and I answered the questions asked about the 2020 withdrawal...  Hopefully the IRS will see the amounts are correct ??

Ugh, this is beyond annoying. It said ready to file and I paid the fee, then this disaster name crap pops up. Can't get a refund now. More waiting

This is crazy! Thanks to those who contacted TT and are letting us know. It is MUCH appreciated. 

@Michaelmunoz863 wrote:

Ugh, this is beyond annoying. It said ready to file and I paid the fee, then this disaster name crap pops up. Can't get a refund now. More waiting

You should not be entering a disaster name if you are only reporting 1/3 of your 2020 Covid-19 retirement account distribution.

If you had a Covid-19 related distribution in 2020 and selected to spread the distribution over 3 years -

2020 Form 8915E, line 4, column b - Enter a 0

If the 2020 distribution was from an account that was Not an IRA

2020 Form 8915E Line 9 - Enter 1/3 of the amount from the 2020 distribution

If the 2020 distribution was from an IRA account

2020 Form 8915E Line 17 -  Enter 1/3 of the amount from the 2020 distribution

To be clear, someone here has actually spoken to TT and TT ABSOLUTELY/100% stated there is a problem and not to file?

Just want to hear someone say that because I have analyzed my return and the #'s add up.

-further my printed return has form 8915-F in it.

Yes, I spoke with them an hour ago and was told to NOT e-file.  I did not ask about printing and mailing off.  I would guess that printing would be an option as it sounds like an IT issue they are having that is preventing the 8915-F from generating digitally.

Not really following you on your instructions here and to clarify for tax year 2021 you are attaching form 8915-F to your tax return. 

-the $ amount that you will enter here is from form 8915-E which was attach to last years (2020) return: so consult your 8915-E

-this amount will then increase line #5b on your current (2022) 1040 tax return by the aforementioned amount.

-I just listed the name as CARES Act, so in any official proceeding it was marked appropriately.

If you had a Covid-19 related distribution in 2020 and selected to spread the distribution over 3 years -

2020 Form 8915E, line 4, column b - Enter a 0

If the 2020 distribution was from an account that was Not an IRA

2020 Form 8915E Line 9 - Enter 1/3 of the amount from the 2020 distribution

If the 2020 distribution was from an IRA account

2020 Form 8915E Line 17 -  Enter 1/3 of the amount from the 2020 distribution

Wow that is crazy, thank you for confirming your conversation with them.

In a way it seems like you could still file and if you ever needed the 8915-F as supporting documentation you could always produce the printed version of it.

If the rest of your taxes are done accurately nothing to fear really.

And I will add we all may want to print it, before the next update messes it all up!

Can someone confirm that the online version is able to process the COVID form and that the desktop version needs an update?

For what it’s worth, I literally just spoke with a TT expert and they said the form is fine. I filled and the numbers looked correct. I’m no expert just repeating the conversation I had with TT 60 seconds ago.

@TravisTractor wrote:

Can someone confirm that the online version is able to process the COVID form and that the desktop version needs an update?

The TurboTax online editions have been updated to support Form 8915-F

The TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions have an update ready to be installed that includes the Form 8915-F.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies