Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will the 2021 8915-f form be available on Turbo Tax to efile?

@TravisTractor 

I also went through the detail software calculation of how my 2020 refund was determined by HR&Block by examining forms 1099R, 1040 and 8915-E. I took 15K out of my 401K and claimed to pay taxes on it in three payments in 2020, 2021 and 2022... The 401K company withheld 20% of 15K (3K) as federal tax per IRS requirement... What I found out was the Block calculated my refund based on what my federal tax should be for my bracket (i.e., plus or minus 1K) on the first 5K for 2020 and returned the remaining 2K in my refund... As you said I imputed all the information on the 1099R into the software...

QCHAWKS57
Returning Member

So ***USA asks you to enter in a 1099r, which we don't have for 2021. So you enter in a "fake" one(2020 1099r) for the whole amount? Or 1/3? I don't get it, cause it asks you if you want to split it into 3. But we already did that by reporting that income the first year. We just need to report the 2nd year. Won't IRs think we just started year 1?

jewelscrzy
Returning Member

Hi Any update on this form?  It says if you file turbo tax will include the form with your return so does that mean I don't need to do anything but file and they will add it or do I need to wait until its available?  I'm confused.

QCHAWKS57
Returning Member

@kevdawg40 Sorry forgot to tag you above. And what is the Disaster FEMA number for Coronavirus?

Why is Intuit taking so long to have form 8915-F incorporated in to their software?

This form was finalized on February 2.

Your competitors already have it incorporated in their tax return software.

Found this for Arizona...

Arizona covid19 pandemic

DR-4524-AZ

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8915f.pdf

The IRS says this form is available NOW, not a draft anymore.  When will TT send the update? People are waiting for this update.  Maybe the other guys have it updated already.  

3/7/2022

@JRmamacat wrote:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8915f.pdf

The IRS says this form is available NOW, not a draft anymore.  When will TT send the update? People are waiting for this update.  Maybe the other guys have it updated already.  

3/7/2022

Form 8915-F, Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Retirements will be available in TurboTax on 03/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

So the date of 3/24/2022 is actually TT gestimation? Other posts tried to say it was the IRS giving that date.

I just got off the phone with H&R Block local office and they can do the form for e-file already  She just wasn't sure if their online or software version had it yet.  What could possibly take TT team this long to update this form? It's not like we didn't know it was coming. The draft has been available for quite some time now too. 

To say the least, I am very disappointed in TT for not being on top of this one.

rrobic3
Returning Member

Has anyone actually received a 8915F from the IRS?

You can download from IRS rn

Anyone know if Hand R Block has it available....maybe I will do my taxes there

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maddenmb I think that is a question for the H&R Block support website?  

@Anonymous it could also be a question on a Turbo Tax support website where a lot of frustrated users and former users are sharing info on who has the form available since Turbo Tax isn't doing anything about it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies