turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will the 2021 8915-f form be available on Turbo Tax to efile?

Did the IRS not know tax season was coming and we would need the forms?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Every year, the state and federal governments approve the most common forms first and work their way down the list. Please see the links for form availability. Once a date shows up, the reality should be close, but it can change. Once released, Turbo Tax will work quickly to get it working in the program.

Federal form availability

State Forms Availability

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@defray wrote:

Did the IRS not know tax season was coming and we would need the forms?

Expect many IRS delays this year.

See this article:

https://apnews.com/article/when-will-taxes-be-accepted-irs-9d29b1e4b5d12acbb68e43772a009f1e

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Thanks for the article.

I opted out of spreading the tax payment over three years and paid taxes on my entire withdrawal last year, do I need to wait for the 8915-F form or anything else? Or am I safe to file my return now- not having to worry about anything related to the Covid related withdrawal? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated  

@KekeP wrote:

I opted out of spreading the tax payment over three years and paid taxes on my entire withdrawal last year, do I need to wait for the 8915-F form or anything else? Or am I safe to file my return now- not having to worry about anything related to the Covid related withdrawal? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated  

If you already paid the tax in 2020 you are done.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Form 8915-F does not come up on the link you put. How weird... So the form is not real?

@revizcaino wrote:

Form 8915-F does not come up on the link you put. How weird... So the form is not real?

The Form 8915-F has not been finalized by the IRS nor have the instructions for the form.  They are still in draft mode -

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/f8915f--dft.pdf

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/i8915f--dft.pdf

Once this form is ready, do we use the 1099-R from last year to enter this year if we split the payments into 3 years?

Same question I have. Now it's confirmed we need to wait for for the finalized Form 8915-F to come out to file.

I would think one of the Turbotax questions would be if we need to report a Coronavirus withdrawal this year and maybe Turbotax will automatically "grab" last year's 8915-E information to autofill this year's and next year's since it's the same amount. If I'm wrong, please someone confirm.

Understood but why is form 8915-F doesn't come up on the list with a tentative release date just like the others?

@revizcaino wrote:

Understood but why is form 8915-F doesn't come up on the list with a tentative release date just like the others?

Because there is no tentative release date yet since the form does not even exist yet.  - The IRS has not given any hint as to when it will be released.  Your guess is as good as any but based on past experience and the reports on IRS backlogs I am guessing March some time - could be sooner or later.  In the past some seldom used forms were not ready until May requiring tax payers to file for extensions to file.

erless22

Seriously! This is so frustrating. It's the only thing holding up my filing, and I desperately need the refund. Ugh!

I know that the irs website does not have an actual date for when this will be released but I have read in a few posts in a tax refund group on Facebook that H&R Block is telling their customers it will be released February 11. Not sure how they would know that but it gives me a glimmer of hope.

A70farmer

Question has already been asked - but I'll try again since there was no answer. Once the 8915-F is available, do we need another 1099-R, or just continue working off the 2020 1099-R for the CARES Act withdrawal?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies